fourteen

jimin;

taehyung does most of the talking. yoongi just sits there with a bored look on his face as i sit beside him, playing with my fingers.

"so, i never really heard how you guys met," taehyung smiles. i raise my head to look at the boy with wide eyes.

i had no intention of talking to or about or with yoongi. he hurt my feelings greatly.

"i was on the roof of his building and he kindly asked why. i gave him a kinda vague answer and then we didn't really speak much after that," yoongi explains.

"kinda?! you said you were thinking about nothing and everything at the same time! how much more vague can you get than that?!" i exclaim with a dry laugh. "also, we didn't just 'not speak much,' you fucking yelled at me and told me i was annoying."

"look, about that, i'm just--"

"i-i don't need an explanation, yoongi. you already told me all i needed to know," i sigh, slumping back into the couch.

"okay.... um, i'm sorry i brought it up," taehyung speaks up awkwardly.

"jimin?" yoongi asks, causing me to lift my head up and stare at him blankly. "how old are you?"

the question throws me off guard. seriously?!

"i'm nineteen. what does that have anything to do with--"

"jimin, call me hyung. i want to be nice to you. i just realized that i was wrong about all of this. you're not annoying, i was just-- it was just a bad day," yoongi sighs loudly.

i'm shocked beyond compare. "r-really?" i ask, dumbfounded.

"no, i never wanna see your face again," yoongi says firmly.

"w-what?"

"i'm kidding," yoongi laughs, standing.

"hyung!" taehyung slaps yoongi's arm.

"sorry!"

"you almost made him cry!" taehyung lunges toward me for a hug.

"wouldn't be the first time," i mumble.

"what was that?" yoongi asks.

"nothing," i reply.

-

the day carries on and now we are all finishing the lunch taehyung had ordered for us all.

"so, yoongi-hyung. you never told us why you initially visited today," taehyung brings up.

"o-oh, um... i was just feeling a bit lonely. i went up to the roof of jimin's building but realized how stupid i am for just sitting up there alone for hours," he explains.

"it's not stupid to want space. you can be alone if you want," i say.

he gives me a smile so i return one. "yeah," he sighs. "it's just-- i don't know... i've been going through some tough shit lately so i tend to take my anger out on those around me. that's why i want to be alone all the time; so i don't hurt others."

my face falls as i hear that.

so that's why he was rude.

he was trying to protect my feelings by pushing me away. but i just ignored it and kept bugging him.

"i'm sorry."

"no, jimin... i, uh... i think i want you to.. um, you know... i-i want you to sit up there with me tomorrow. so we can talk," yoongi smiles. i nod in agreement, but keep my mouth shut.

"aww!!! i feel like the mediator that brought peace between two battling souls!" taehyung squeals.

"calm down, taehyung," i chuckle.

we spend the rest of the night just goofing off and watching a movie or two.

---
a/n: i really dont like that cut-off but oh well it'll do....