twenty one

one more can't hurt, right?

yoongi;

i go to my apartment to find my necklace. i usually never leave home without it, but for some reason, today i was so nervous about realizing i kinda wanted to date jimin, that i just forgot.

it takes me a few minutes to find it, however.

did i leave it in my closet? bathroom? kitchen?

is it next to my bed? in my dirty laundry? on the couch somewhere?

i eventually find it, hidden under the duvet on my bed. how it got there is beyond me. i just put it on in the morning, don't ever care to see how or when it gets off of me.

anyway, once i find it, i realize that it's already been five minutes since i wanted to leave here-- meaning it's been five and a half minutes since i left jimin at taehyung's door.

i exit my apartment and lock it up quickly before going next door. the door is already open-- taehyung forgets to close it sometimes, as i've noticed in the past 3 years he's lived beside me.

i step in, but what i see isn't what i expected.

i had expected to walk in and see taehyung kissing all over his oh-so gorgeous bf while jimin was sitting there, quietly waiting for me.

but instead, i see taehyung sitting on the couch, hand clasped with a man that looks to be around my age, and jimin is in the arms of an attractive young male whispering 'i love you.'

i roll my eyes and walk out, shutting the door behind me.

i know it's kinda stupid to just assume things and walk away like that, but if he didn't even say he wanted to date me, why would i get my hopes up anyway? why would i just expect him to have eyes only for me?

but i think what really bothered me was the fact that he was probably in love with that boy the whole time. he let me open up to him and he let me kiss him so many times; me made me start to feel happy again... yet he didn't feel the same?

but maybe it wasn't a real i love you?

maybe it was platonic? maybe he knew him and invited him to meet taehyung?

well great, yoongi, now you'll never know because you're so stupid and walked away.

i sigh, crouching down in the middle of the hallway, resting my head in my hands.

"why am i so stupid?" i say, standing back up.

so what if he's in love with that boy? so what if he's just friends with him? so what if they just met and they're already exchanging i love you's? why should it matter to me? i was just using him to get over hoseok. yeah, just experimenting what it'd be like to date after him.

so i make my way back to taehyung's apartment, and this time, i knock.

the door opens and jimin appears on the other side. "yoongi hyung! what took you so long? did you get what you needed?" he asks so nonchalantly, as if he wasn't just standing there, probably forgetting about me. but why should i care?

"oh, uh, yeah. i did. i can't stay long, though," i say.

"aw, why not?" taehyung appears. they move aside to let me in.

"i j-just... i have stuff to do around my place," i say.

"can't it wait till tomorrow? taehyung and his boyfriend wanted to treat everyone to some bingsu later," jimin latches onto my arm. i roll my eyes and brush him off, following taehyung to his living room. i don't see the pout that forms on jimin's face.