twenty two

[6 weeks later]

-

my heart hurts so much right now and i don't know what to do

third person;

yoongi slumped in his seat, staring off into space as jimin ran around the apartment, trying to occupy himself.

it was a friday and it just happened to be jimin's birthday, so yoongi wanted to do something special for his boyfriend. but he had no idea what to do.

meanwhile, jimin was trying to preoccupy himself by cleaning the apartment and doing many other things as best he can. two weeks ago, his mother had decided to move out of their shared apartment and into some guy's place. while jimin was on good terms with his mom now, he still didn't approve of any of this. but who is he to deny his own mother of happiness? so he let her be. but now, since it's his birthday, he just knows that his mother will visit. and a visit means her interacting with yoongi and their friends. and let's just say that mrs. park and yoongi don't always get along. the few times they've met haven't gone over so smoothly.

jimin recalls one incident involving dinner, yoongi suggesting to help set the table and accidentally dropping and smashing a plate. mrs. park kindly asked jimin if she could escort the older boy out of the building, but jimin knows how much his mom loves her china and if she were to be alone with the guy who killed one of them... well let's just say that jimin's glad he denied or else his boyfriend might not be sitting in his living room.. or anywhere... today.

but that doesn't matter at the moment because all jimin is thinking of right now is clean clean clean.

another thing that comes along with his birthday is jungkook giving him a gift and throwing a mini party for him. but since they actually have friends now, this party will be a little bit more than just the two of them watching old power rangers reruns and eating store-bought cake.

yoongi suddenly stands up, the perfect idea coming to his head. "chim!" ah, the one thing mrs. park and yoongi could agree on; jimin's stupid nickname.

"what?" jimin calls back.

"i'm going out for a bit, i'll text you when im on my way back," he says, gathering his keys and his wallet.

"o-okay! don't miss me too much," jimin smiles, stepping into view.

"oh, and before i forget--" yoongi goes over to his boyfriend, "here's your first gift," he kisses his cheek, then pecks jimin's lips before rushing out the door.

jimin sighs, shaking his head as he goes back to scrubbing the countertops. it's only two minutes later when his phone rings. he wipes his hands on his pants legs (he's gonna change later anyway, so why not?) and answers the phone.

"hello?" he says, pressing the phone to his ear. he balances the small device between his ear and his shoulder as he goes back to trying to rid the counter of that stupid sauce stain seokjin left weeks ago when cooking them dinner.

"jimin-ah? are you h-home?"

"taehyung? yeah, what's wrong? also, watch your mouth kid i'm older than you," jimin replies.

"s-sorry, just... can i come o-over real quick?" taehyung asks.

"sure taetae, just walk in when you get here, the door's probably unlocked since yoongi was the last one to leave," jimin says, cursing yoongi in his head. he always forgets to lock that door even though jimin gave him a spare key months ago.