four

someone to make you feel not-so lonely

jimin;

"why are you up here all alone?" i ask.

"i'm just thinking," he shrugs, sitting on my bench.

"about what?"

"nothing and everything at the same time," he answers as if it's something he's recited millions of times before.

or maybe he has?

has someone else taken interest in him as i? has someone else asked him why he sits up here everyday?

"well, doesn't it get kinda boring up here all alone?" i ask. "wouldn't you like a companion or someone to talk to?"

"why do you think i'm alone, kid? because i want to be with someone? no, i come up here to be alone," he says. "which reminds me, i should go," he stands up.

"no, wait!" i grab his sleeve.

he rolls his eyes at me, but let's me continue.

but to be honest, i don't know what to say. it's as if my mouth spoke before my mind could even think of what to say.

"what if there was someone willing to sit up here everyday with you?" i say.

"like i said before, i come up here to be alone; to get some silence," he says, rolling his eyes once more.

"okay, but what if there was someone willing to just sit up here, everyday, on the opposite side of the roof and be completely silent; someone who would come up here just to make you feel not-so lonely, yet give you your space and time to think?" i suggest. "what about that?"

"then i'd thank them for being so considerate to my wishes, but sadly no one comes up here but me. and i guess, today, you," he says.

only today... huh... if only he knew i've been coming up here everyday for the past two months.

i nod, and give him a small smile.

"maybe i can be that person? that one who just sits here for an hour of your time and let's you think while they observe everything else around them," i suggest.

"maybe you can."

---
yoonmin spicing up ooh aah yesh les go

thanks for reading xx