five

no matter how quiet or invisible, you're still there

jimin;

"maybe you can."

"really?" i ask, excitedly.

"no."

"no?"

"no."

"why not?" the feeling of regret and rejection starts to fill my body and i look down.

"because, as i said before, i come up here to be alone. and no matter how quiet or invisible you are, you're still gonna be sitting right there and i don't want that," he replies.

"but what if i--"

"what don't you understand about no?!" he snaps.

"i-i'm sorry.. i'll j-just, um.. i'll just go t-then," i stutter, rushing through the exit door and over to the elevator, rather than the stairs.

i press the down button and the doors open rather quickly. i press my floor number and repeatedly hit the close doors button. i don't want him, or anybody, to walk in the path of the elevator and see my eyes filling with tears. that would be embarrassing and totally humiliating.

a
nineteen-year-old boy crying because a slightly older man told him no.

i make it to my apartment without yet letting the tears fall. my mother walks out of the kitchen upon hearing the door open and close, and gives me a look with a raised eyebrow.

"back so soon?" she asks.

"y-yeah," i mutter, walking past her and towards my bedroom.

"yah, what's wrong?" she follows me and watches as i flop into my bed, face first.

"nothing eomma. i'm just exhausted," i lie.

"then why are you crying, jiminie?" she questions, sitting beside me and rubbing her hand up and down my back in comfort.

at that question, i sit up, and stare ahead of me, my back to my mother. "nothing is wrong, mom. i'm tired. can i please just take a nap?" i ask.

"sure. but when you wake up, you're telling me where you went and what happened," she states, standing from my bed and walking out of my room.

"nothing happened!" i whine. but instead of pushing it any further than i already have, i curl up in the middle of my bed and drift off to sleep.

---
yoongi's a butt