sixteen

i wanted the real beauty in front of me, not with a million lightyears between us.

jimin;

once we decide that we're finished talking, i offer for yoongi to hang out at my place.

if my mom's home, i'd just ignore her and we'll stay in my room; if she's not, however, even better.

"y-you're apartment?" yoongi asks, his cheeks tinted red from the somewhat cold wind blowing around us.

"yeah... unless you have something else to do, or you just don't want to. i mean, i'm fine with anything," i chuckle.

"no, n-no i'll come over. j-just, give me your room number and i'll meet you there. i-i kinda want some
alone time right now," his gaze drops to the floor.

"oh... that's fine hyung. and you don't have to come either," i say. he nods, looking out over the town as i sigh, exiting the roof and heading to my apartment.

once i get there, i notice that my mom is, in fact, missing from the apartment. maybe she's out with some other guy this time, lying about how her son is away at college and never visits.

i go to my room, frantic to clean up and prepare everything so that it's perfect for when yoongi shows up. i don't know what this sudden feeling is; maybe i just feel closer to the older boy because he actually opened up and smiled for a change. and i truly loved it; his smile, that is. his gums show and his head tilts to the side just a bit, and overall, it's the prettiest smile i've ever seen.

i finish straightening up the entire apartment in record time and sit on the couch to wait for yoongi.

it only takes another twenty minutes for a knock to sound from the front door. i get up and run to answer it.

"hey-- hyung? are you okay?" i ask, seeing yoongi with his head tilted downwards and his eyes wide.

"t-t-this... thi-is is y-your ap-partment?" he asks.

i nod, "yep. my humble abode."

"i-i.. i'm s-sorry jimin.. but i j-just.. i c-can't stay here. i-i gotta go," he stutters, turning and rushing down the hall to the elevator.

shocked, i stand frozen at my door, eyebrows furrowed.

what just happened?

-

yoongi;

i leave the building as fast as i can.

there is no way in hell that jimin is living in that apartment.

out of all the rooms-- all the buildings-- all the cities-- all the countries in the world; it just had to be that exact one. figures.

i get to my own apartment and throw myself onto the couch. i run a hand through my hair before glancing over to the end table. on it sits a picture frame, the picture inside it one of the prettiest i've ever seen.

i have to tear my eyes away from the picture to make sure i don't waste the rest of my
day just staring at the beauty like most often did. i would, but i preferred having the real beauty in front of me, not in a wooden frame with glass and a million lightyears between us.

"i wish you were still here my sunshine," i mumble, tracing my finger along the edge of the frame before sitting up.

with a sigh, i stand and up and go next door.

as i was lost in the picture, i had heard voices through the thin walls separating the apartments, so i knew i just had to go over there and make things right.

---
a/n: this

story

is

no

where

near

fin

ish

ing

o
m
l

it actually might only make it to either 25 or 30 chaps idk but i really wanna finish it so i can start another bookkk