seven

his eyes, soft and his smile, kind

jimin;

"now what's a pretty boy like you doing up on this roof all alone?"

i turn around and catch sight of a taller boy, who looks to be about my age. the sun reflects off his sunglasses and bounces right into my eyes. i raise my arm to block out the sunlight, but he steps closer, causing it to shift and fade out of my line of vision.

he removes his sunglasses and smiles at me. his eyes are soft and his smile is kind, letting me know that he is harmless.

"i guess i could be saying the same to you," i answer.

"ah, well you see, i came up here to clear my mind, but that plan was washed away when i saw you," he says. "you looked so intriguing, sitting up here alone and to be truthful, i need some friends."

"heh, me too," i look down. i stand from the ledge and extend my hand to his, "park jimin."

"kim taehyung," he answers. "now, mind answering my first question?" he asks, sitting on the ledge and patting beside him for me to take a seat. i abide and take a breath.

"i was just.... thinking."

that night, i leave the roof with more than i have ever wanted since i came to seoul: a friend; a best friend.

taehyung seemed so interested in me and what i had to say and he was so kind to listen to me ramble. however, when i got home, things weren't so great.

to say i had forgotten about mom's date wouldn't technically be a lie, therefore i walked in right as mom was finishing her glass of wine.

"no, i told you, i have no kids," she says with a smile.

"then what am i? a cat?" i say, face contorted into a hurt expression. she stands with a shocked look on her face, as does the man who sat across from her. "is this why you wanted me out of the house? not so you could have some alone time with your date, but so you could tell him you had zero commitments and get away with it? thanks eomma. guess i can back to that nonexistent friend's house now," i say, storming back out of the apartment with tears rolling down my face. i pull out my phone and ring the newly added number.

"do you always call so soon in a relationship?" he laughs from the other end.

"no time for jokes right now, taehyung. i need you to pick me up."

"oh, i'm on my way."

---
a/n: i bet you thought this would be a cute lil story about yoonmin on a roof. so did i. guess we were both wrong.

oh well.