three

if i didn't, he surely would have fallen

jimin;

i sit on the bench and pull out my phone. i plug my earbuds in as quietly as i can and hit play on my music. a familiar song plays, and it brings a smile to my face.

my best friend had given me this song for my birthday, right before i left busan. he was my only friend, and now i have none, so whenever i'm feeling lonely, i listen to his song.

"and you've given me the best gift that i've ever known,
you give me purpose everyday..."

i sigh silently and look back down to where the roof boy is sitting. he sits, today, with his knees against his chest, rather than having his legs dangle over the ledge. his grey hair blows with the small breeze.

i begin to wonder just why he sits up here everyday. it doesn't seem like he does anything while he's up here. so just, why?

my mind starts to make up all these ridiculous reasons as to why the grey-haired boy would be up here, and it begins to frustrate me. i need to know.

i stand up and my mind tells me to go forward. i start towards the boy, but just before i can clear my throat, he turns around.

my heart stops when i finally see his full facial features, and he jumps.

i throw my arm out for him to grab onto, for, if i didn't, he surely would have fallen. he catches my wrist, pulling himself up more so that he isn't as close to the edge.

"w-who are you? and why are you up here?" he stammers.

"i should be asking the same thing to you," i say, smiling.

he raises an eyebrow and stands up from the ledge.

"well it doesn't matter now, i'm leaving anyway," he says, walking towards the roof's exit.

"but it's only ten-forty," i mumble to myself. i shake my head and catch up to him. "wait," i call.

he halts his steps and turns back to me with an annoyed look.

---
a/n: awkward cut-off but it continues next chapter.

double update? i think so..

love you all xx