seventeen

i can only warn, not prepare.
so good luck.

-

he was a ray of sunshineno, in fact, he was the entire sun

yoongi;

jimin had opened the door and i noticed the frown etched onto his face. it made me feel bad.

"j-jimin... look i'm really sorry about earlier, i just--" i sigh, "i just didn't know you lived in that apartment and i just couldn't go in there and--"

"hyung, please stop talking," he cuts me off. "now, i have no idea what you're saying, so you're gonna have to explain it for me. you-you are nice to me one second, but then the very next, you're ditching me. why?"

"h-here, let's go to my apartment so we can just talk alone," i suggest.

jimin looks back and taehyung gives him a thumbs up from the couch. he turns back to me and nods. we leave taehyung's apartment and go next door to mine.

"it's not really home-y because, well, i don't really spend any time here," i say.

"yeah, because you're always on that damn roof," he chuckles.

"take a seat, make yourself comfortable. i'll go get some blankets and then we can talk," i state as i head down the hall towards the linen closet.

when i return, i catch the small boy with something in his hands. my small smile, however, falters when i see the picture frame placed in his tiny little palms.

"wh-what are y-you do--"

"who is this? i-is he your boyfriend? you'd be cute together," he sighs, sounding somewhat disappointed. in what? i have no idea.

"a-actually, he's just someone really close to m-me and i r-really don't wanna t-talk about h-him right now," i say, dropping the blankets onto the other end of the couch and snatching the frame out of jimin's hands.

i place it back in its rightful spot.

i'm so sorry, i didn't mean for him to be so grabby. i won't let it happen again. you're too precious for this world... i guess that's why you're a literal angel now.

i let out a shaky breath as i stand straight again and sit across from jimin on the couch. he's frowning again.

"you need to stop doing that," i say.

"doing what?" he asks, kinda grumpy-like.

"frowning. it doesn't look good on you."

"o-oh," he says, his frown turning into a straight line.

"that's not what i meant," i roll my eyes. before i can even think about what i'm doing, my hands are moving to either side of his face. my forefingers squish themselves into the corners of jimin's mouth and i push them up. "there you go. now, just stay like this 24/7," i say.

"what? with your hands on my mouth? no thank you," he chuckles. i remove my hands with another eye-roll.

"see, like that. stay like that," i say as his smile remains from his earlier laugh.

his cheeks turn pink and he looks down.

"now, about earlier. with the picture frame and with the apartment thing..."

"you don't need to apologize, hyung, it's okay--"

"no, i'm just explaining," i say. i reach over him and grab the frame. "t-this is jung hoseok. i've known him since i was eight and he was seven. i helped him when kids were picking on him after school one day and ever since then, we stuck by each other's sides. we-we were inseparable; a dynamic duo, my mom called us. he was my best friend and i was his. and then in high school,
sophomore year, he told me he loved me. i-i couldn't deny that that reciprocated those feelings. we began dating that year. nothing really changed other than the fact that we could kiss each other."

jimin looked at me with curious eyes. i'm grateful that he's letting me just go on and on about my story.

"hobi-- a nickname i gave him because he was so
full of hope-- h-he was my ray of sunshine. actually, no he was the entire sun. at least, that's how he acted. especially when we went through tough times," i blink back a few tears. "once we both got our own places, we, uh, we would always go out on little dates on the rooftop of his building. he actually lived in your apartment. t-that's why i couldn't stay. it felt too weird."

jimin nods, letting me know that he's still listening.

"one day, however, i was just in a bad mood. he uh, he was kinda getting on my nerves, but it was only because he was worried about me. god, i wish i knew that then. i got mad at him and yelled. he left with tears in his eyes and i didn't stop him. things just got worse from there. apparently, behind all of his smiles and hope-filled words, he was struggling mentally. he never told me, though. which made it even more difficult to understand why he did what he did," i say, trying to hold in all my tears.

"w-what did he do?" jimin asks, although i can tell he already has a vague idea.

"o-one day, after about a week of us just fighting with each other, i went up to the rooftop of his building for fresh air. he was already up there, though. he stood on the edge, looking down. i called for him, pleaded him to get down for he might slip. but all he did was turn to me. he had tears running down his face and he just mouthed to me words that will haunt me forever."

"what did h-he say?" jimin asks, teary eyed. i let one tear out, myself, quickly wiping it away with the back of my hand.

"'i hope you think about me when we're apart. i love you, min yoongi.' a-and then.. and-and," i choke back a sob,

"he j-j-jumped."

---
well now u know who it is

and i bet u all hate me now since it's the literal fucking sunshine

im sorry i've had this planned since day one tbh so just bare with me

and now 4/7 are introduced which means the other 3 are coming soon (:

dont kill me

–SaraMeg xx