twelve

don't think he really said anything

jimin;

"so, what's up buttercup?" taehyung asks as he hands me a cup of tea. he sits beside me on his couch, sipping from his own mug.

"w-well, nothing, actually. i'm just tired and needed to get away from my mom," i sigh.

"so... there is something up? with your mom?" he asks.

i shrug, looking down and focusing on my tea. "i guess," i mutter. "she just... she hasn't dated since my dad hasn't been around, and she just now starts. and, i mean, i'm happy she's trying to settle down again and be happy, but she lied to her date, saying she had no kids. does she really want a husband more than her son?" i ask, setting the cup down and bringing my hands up to rub my face.

"wow, okay, hold up," taehyung says, pausing for a moment. "so, your mom is dating again and telling them that she doesn't have a kid, just to get them to want to stay with her?" i nod, confirming. "wow, uh... i don't know what to say, jimin. i guess you just need to talk to her about it," he suggests.

i nod once again, picking up the mug and sipping from it. the hot tea glides down my throat, soothing my nerves.

"so, uh, i saw yoongi last night," taehyung says.

"yoongi?" i ask, tilting my head to the side to express my confusion.

"my neighbor. you said you knew him?" he raises an eyebrow. "you kinda told me to day hi for you?"

realization clicks into my brain as soon as those words fall from taehyung's lips. "oh, yoongi! y-yeah, i know him," i say, looking down at my feet that rested on the soft, tan carpet.

"well, yeah, i saw him last night and told him you said hi," he says.

"oh really? what did he say?" i question.

"uh, i don't think he really said anything, actually. sorry," taehyung answers.

"it's okay," i shrug.

we continue to sip our hot tea and chatter aimlessly until a knock on the door interrupts us.

---
a/n: buh-buh-buuummmm

who is it??!!? idek

also i changed jimin's age from 17 to 19 bc the rest of the storyline doesn't line up with the ages i had 😅

please vote, comment, follow, and share thanks xx