Chapter 3: Fix It

|Chris|

I drove with one hand one the wheel. My other hand was gripping the sonogram picture.

The first place I went was Navoni's, she didn't know where Briana was. Then I went to Christen, she didn't know. Then I went to Christina, she didn't know either. I went to Kenaysha, she didn't know either, but she looked like she wanted to say something but couldn't.

Then I went to Reggie, he didn't know. It hurt me, asking some other man where my girl is at.

I pulled back into my driveway and put my head on my steering wheel. I was in deep thought about Briana and Jr until I was interrupted by my phone ringing.

I looked at the caller I.D. Briana and Jr's face popped up on my screen.

It was her.

|Christina|

I was in the middle of one of those dreams until there was a loud knock at my door.

Thank God.

I opened the door to see Chris. He looked really sad.

"Do you know where Briana is?"

"No. Sorry."

He just walked off looking really sad.

I can't keep this secret anymore, I have to tell someone.

I grabbed my keys and my phone and left.

|Chris|

"H-Hello?" I stuttered.

"Hey, daddy!"

"Hey Jr."

"Daddy, where are you?"

"I'm...home. Where are you?" I didn't want to tell him that I was looking for him.

"I don't know."

"Okay. Where's you mommy?" I asked. I really need to talk to her.

"In the bathroom, doing her hair."

"Can you give her the phone please?"

"Okay, daddy." He said and there was shuffling and Briana finally answered.

"Hello?"

"Briana, I-"

"Chris, don't explain anything to me. I don't want to hear it." She cut me off.

I sighed. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I tried." She said.

"Can you just come home, so we could talk?"

"No. You need to learn."

"Learn what?"

"Exactly. When you can answer that question on your own, we'll come back." She hung up.

I lost my baby.

One Week Later

So, it's Christmas and I'm all alone.

Chris: Merry Christmas!

I sent a text message to Miranda. I've been talking to her for the last couple of days. Since Briana left, I've been lonely and I needed someone to talk to.

When Briana told me I needed to learn, I didn't know what she was talking about. Now, I do.

I needed to learn to appreciate what I have. I know that now. But Briana's still not back.