Chapter 21: Still Aren't Together

|Briana|

"We the jury find Christopher Maurice Brown guilty of the murder of Reggie Carter and the attempted murder of Miranda Johnson."

I bursted out in tears.

"Christopher Maurice Brown will serve 30 years to life in the California state prison."

I couldn't stop crying. I can't raise two kids on my own.

Cassandra looked back at me and shot me a look. An apologizing look.

Chris turned around to face me, he mouthed, "I love you, and the kids." He looked at everyone else sitting next to me and mouthed, "I love you."

I couldn't control the tears that were falling from my eyes as the took him away.

~~~

"Briana, wake the hell up!" I heard someone say.

"No, I don't wanna, 'cause Chris is in prison.

"What are you talking about? Chris is right in front of you."

I shot up quickly, I hopes that Chris was in front of me. And he was, we were in the courtroom.

"Why are we here?" I asked.

"Chris' trial. They're about to read the verdict. Are you okay?"

"They already read the verdict. He got 30 years to life." I pleaded.

She put her hand up like she was done trying to convince me. "Just shut up and listen to what they say."

I turned my head to see what they were talking about. It was like déjà vu.

"We the jury, find Christopher Maurice Brown not guilty for the murder of Reggie Carter and the attempted murder of Miranda Johnson."

I jumped up and started screaming and cheering. Chris laughed at me, before the judge glared.

"Ma'am, please sit down!" He sternly said. I sat down.

They said some more stuff that I wasn't really listening to. "Court ajourned." The judge said, as I started running towards Chris. I jumped on him and wrapped my legs around his waist, while his hand went straight to my ass, and he tongue kissed me long and hard. But we still aren't together.

"Alright y'all, you can hug and kiss later. Navoni wedding starts in 30 minutes." Mama J said, interrupting us.

"Sorry, ma. I missed y'all." He said while wrapping his left arm around her shoulders, then kissed her cheek.

~~~

"Oh my gosh!" I screamed.

"Stop being so overdramatic. Just zip the dress." Navoni said.

"I can't. You bought the dress in the wrong size." I protested.

"No, I didn't. Just zip the dress."

After a few more minutes of trying to zip the dress and arguing with Navoni about the dress, I finally got it.

Once, Navoni's hair and makeup and stuff was done, she looked beautiful. I wanted to take a picture of her, but she said no. I took an off guard picture of her anyway.

Navoni stood in the mirror, just staring at herself. I was confused, because she didn't admire herself, she just stood there.

"Navoni, are you okay?" I asked.