Chapter 13: What About Me?

|Chris|

There's no point in me living if she doesn't love me.

I've fucked up so much, that it came to the point where she doesn't wanna put up with my bullshit anymore.

I walked to the studio. Taking my car will only remind me of her because she used to ride in it.

When I got there, I immediately got in the booth and sung my heart out.

(Song in the multimedia >>>)

I walked out of the booth and replayed the song over and over again in my head.

The song was everything I was feeling.

I made my way home. I sat on the couch and stared into space. This just doesn't feel like home without my family. I walked upstairs to my bedroom. I haven't been in there since she left, it brings back so many memories. I looked around the room, holding back tears. I walked to the bathroom. I grabbed all the pill bottles I could find then went back downstairs.

I sat on the couch. I opened a pill bottle and poured all the pills in my hand and gulped it down with a glass of water. I opened the next bottle which only had two pills. It made me mad because a relationship consists of two people, I'm not in a relationship anymore. I gulped that down with the water and waited.

I have no purpose anymore.

|Briana|

Before, we had even come close to Detroit. Jr was screaming at the top of his lungs to go to Chris' house, causing Cierra to scream at the top of her lungs.

Being the spoiled child that he is, Jr got his way. I turned the car around and headed to Chris' house.

I pulled into the driveway. I got Jr and Cierra out the car. Jr ran up to the door and knocked smiling ear to ear.

We stood there waiting for Chris to open the door, but he didn't answer. I knocked on the door again and waited. Again, he didn't answer. His car was there, so I know he's here.

I reached under the welcome mat and grabbed the spare key. I turned the knob and opened the door.

No words were able to come out if my mouth. But the tears were threatening to come out.

Eventually, they started flowing.

"Jr, cover you eyes." He did as he was told and I ran over to Chris.

He was lying on the floor, unconscious with a pill bottle in his hand.

I didn't know what to do. I checked for his pulse. He was still breathing.

I grabbed my phone and called 911.

~~~

I sat in the waiting room, waiting for any information.

Jr and Cierra are with Christen, so I'm here by myself. I haven't called anyone yet, I just don't want to speak to anyone but the doctor.

I bounced my leg up and down and bit my fingernails as I waited nervously. I can't help but feel like this is my fault. I should have just forgiven him a long time ago. He thought I didn't love him anymore, so he tried to kill himself.

The tears began to fall from my eyes. I put my head in my hands.

This is too much for me to handle.

What if he dies?

What about Jr and Cierra?

What about me?

I felt a hand rub my back. I looked up to see the doctor giving me a heart warming smile. I stood up to talk to him.

"Miraculously, he's alright and he's gonna live." I stopped listening after he told me the news.

~~~

I sat in a chair near Chris' bed as the tears continued to fall from my eyes. I just stared at him as he slept, thinking more and more that this is my fault.

~~~

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.

😘