Chapter 10: Envelope Staring

|Briana|

Since Chris doesn't want to have sex, I have a surprise for him. I got a stripper pole installed into our bedroom. Its almost 1 in the morning, and he should be on his way from the studio. I changed into my lace lingerie and lighted some candles and threw rose peddles everywhere.

He walked into the bedroom and looked around. He smiled at me then got in the bed without saying a word to me. I walked over to him and he had the nerves to pretend like he sleeping.

"Chris, get the fuck up, yo' ass is not asleep!"

He rolled over and looked at me, "Briana, I'm tired."

I have to admit, my feelings were hurt. Is there something wrong with me?

I got in the bed, dropping the situation. Then I thought about Miranda, is he cheating on me?

I shook him. "I don't feel like having sex, Briana." He said without looking at me

"It's Miranda, isn't it?"

He immediately shot up, "Is what Miranda?"

"Are you cheating on me with her?"

"You really think I would cheat on you again?" He asked.

"Well-" We were interrupted by Cierra's cry.

"Go see what's wrong with your daughter and we'll take about this later."

He rolled over and I got up to see what was wrong with Cierra. As I walked to Cierra's room, I thought about what Chris just said to me. Your daughter.

2 Weeks Later

Everyday for the past few weeks, Chris and I have been arguing everyday. I don't know what's wrong with him. I need some time away from him so I'm taking Jr and Cierra to the park. Jr played while I sat on a bench with Cierra. Someone tapped my shoulder from behind, scaring to death. I turned around only to see Reggie. He sat down beside me and stared at Cierra.

"Who's this?" He asked, pointing.

"Cierra Nevaeh Brown." I replied.

We talked for about an hour then I took Jr to get some ice cream then we went home. I walked in our house and Chris was sitting on the couch, smoking a blunt. I told him a million times to not smoke in the house but he doesn't listen.

"Where you been?"

Jr went upstairs to his room and walked over to Chris and took the blunt out of his hand and put it out. I went upstairs and changed Cierra's diaper.

He walked in, "I asked you a question."

"I know. I took Jr and Cierra to the park."

"Who was you with?"

"Jr and Cierra." I stated obviously.

"No, you smell like cologne."

"Oh." I didn't want him to know I was with Reggie.

"Briana, who was you with?" He said through gritted teeth.

"Nobody." I got up and walked away from him.

I walked downstairs and he stayed upstairs. I saw his phone on the couch. It's the only way I will ever know what's wrong with him. I picked it up and unlocked it. There first place I looked was his messages. I went to the conversation he had with Miranda.

Miranda: How'd the test go?

I thought I got rid of her when I pretended to be Chris and sent her that message. What test is she talking about. He never responded, so I pretended to be him again.