Chapter 4: Only Breathing

|Kenaysha|

"Bye boys." I hugged and kissed my kids.

"Bye mommy." They both said at the same time.

They were staying the rest of the week with Dwayne.

They ran into Dwayne's house and he just stood there, staring at me. Just I was about to get back in my car, Dwayne stopped me.

"Kenaysha, can I talk to you?"

"Is it about our kids?"

"No."

"Then, there's nothing for us to talk about." I got in my car and left. He doesn't know the things that I know, if I'd stayed, the things I'm not supposed to know might come out.

|Chris|

Briana and Jr walked into the house.

"I need to talk to you," We said at the same time. "Jr go upstairs." She said and he left.

I grabbed he hand and led her to the couch. We were both silent. I leaned in until our lips connected.

After some minutes, we both pulled away. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the engagement ring I gave her and slipped it on her finger. "Baby, please don't leave me again."

"I won't. But we need to work on our relationship before we get engaged again." She gave the ring back.

"I don't care, as long as you're back." We kissed again.

She pulled away and grabbed my hand and placed it on her stomach.

"I want a girl this time." She said and I smiled.

I love her more than anything.

|Briana|

I went there to get back with him. But I didn't really do anything, he did everything.

He is my everything.

|Christen|

"Hey!" I hugged my sister.

"I need to talk to you." She sounded serious.

"Okay." I sat down.

"I've been keeping a secret from you."

"What?"

"Three years ago, when I disappeared, I was kidnapped."

"What? How?"

"I got a text, the person pretended to be you. They told me they were on the side of the road. I didn't recognize the number, but they told me it was your boyfriend's phone. I didn't know you had a boyfriend. But I didn't pay that any attention. I went there and there was no one there. Then someone grabbed me from behind and threw me in a van. He took me somewhere and raped me. Eventually, I escaped but found out I was pregnant by him. I got an abortion and then I came back. I was so stupid."

I had tears in my eyes, "Christina, why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I knew if I did, you would tell Chris and mama. And Chris would wanna fight any and everybody. So I kept it to myself. And I've been having dreams about it. I told a therapist and she said I should tell the ones I hurt, and I hurt you. When I told her, the dreams stopped, but I have s feeling they're gonna come back.

|Dwayne|

I was a jackass for not caring about the boys when they were babies. I know that now, back then I was 18 and stupid, now I'm 21 and mature. Since I realized how stupid I was, I want to make things right with Kenaysha.

But I need help. There's only one person that I know who could help me.

|Briana|

The doorbell rang and I was about to get up to answer it, but Chris beat me to it. When he opened the door, Christina stood there.

"Hey Auntie Christina!" Jr exclaimed.

"Hey boo!" They hugged. "I need to talk to y'all."

"Okay." Chris and I said at the same time.

~~~

She told us want happened and I instantly got sad, Chris instantly fit mad, and Jr didn't know what was going on.

After she left, I got a phone call.

"Hello?" I answered.

There was no response, only breathing.

|Chris|

"Hello?" I heard Briana answer her phone.

I walked into the kitchen to get some ice cream, when I heard my phone buzz in my pocket. I grabbed it, revealing a message from Miranda

Miranda: I haven't seen you in a while. I miss you. 😢

I didn't respond. Then I realized I never opened her present. I walked up the stairs and into my bedroom. I grabbed the small box she handed me on Christmas.

I pondered if I should open it or not. I decided not to and returned the box to its original place and walked out the door.

I didn't want the ice cream anymore so I sat on the couch and played Temple Run 2.

~~~

Who's on was breathing on the phone with Briana?

Who does Dwayne need help from?

Was y'all surprised what happened to Christina?

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.

😘