Chapter 11: You're Invited

|Kenaysha|

He carried me up to his room and laid me on his bed. There were rose petals in the shape of a heart on the floor and champagne and two wine glasses.

He poured me some and gave it to me. I drunk it all. He climbed in the bed next to me.

"I don't want to make love anymore." I blurted.

"I know. We were never gonna."

"So, why'd you bring me to your room?" I was curious.

"So I could show you how much I love you and how much I need you in my life."

I didn't say anything. I grabbed his face and kissed him.

|Briana|

I drove all the way to Detroit. No rest stops except for when Jr. had to pee or Cierra needed to be changed. Now we're finally here. I got out the car and examined the house. The house I used to live in, my mother never sold it.

I grabbed Jr and put him on my hip, resting his head on my shoulder because he was sleeping. Cierra remained in her carseat while I brought the carseat and Jr. inside the house.

I put Cierra in my old bed and surrounded her with my old pillows and stuffed animals do she wouldn't fall out if the bed. I put Jr in my mothers old bed. I don't know why my mother left all of our furniture here.

This doesn't feel like my home. It's so different and empty, with the exception of furniture. Where there used to be a portrait of my mother and father and me, there was just an empty wall.

I walked around the house. This house doesn't even feel the same. I stopped walking when I found a balled up piece of paper on the floor. I picked it up and read it to myself.

Dear Reginald,

I can't keep doing this to myself. My daughter is wondering why I'm barely home. My husband is getting suspicious. This affair has gone on way too long. I love my family and I don't want to lose them. Tell your son, Reggie, that I would appreciate it if he didn't tell Briana about this. I won't be coming around anymore and I think it would be best if you didn't either.

-Tamie

I folded the note up and put it in my pocket. My mother was cheating on my father. What the fuck?

|Chris|

I got out the car and knocked in Miranda's door. She opened it and stood there in a robe.

"Hey."

I didn't respond to her greeting. She moved out of the way and let me in. I sat on the couch and she came up behind me and started rubbing on my neck.

"Get off of me." I said sternly. She came and stood in front of me and took her robe off, revealing her naked body.

I have to admit, she looked good, but not better than Briana.

"Miranda, I didn't come here to fuck you. I came here to tell you that you need to delete my fuckin' number out yo' phone and stay the hell away from me. I don't want you stank pussy, so leave me and Briana the fuck alone you stupid bitch." And with that I walked out.

|Navoni|

I realized that I do want to marry Kevin. I love him and he loves me. We might be young, but that doesn't matter.

I went to Chris and Briana's house to invite them to my engagement party. To my surprise, neither Briana's or Chris' cars were there. I had nothing but time, so I waited. After 5 minutes, Chris' car was now in the driveway. He got up and walked up to me.

"Hey. You're invited to my engagement party. And give this to Briana." I handed him two invitations.

"Uh... I can't give this to Briana." He sounded like he was nervous.

"Why not?"

"She left.'' He mumbled.

"Okay, I'll just call her." I didn't bother to ask what happened between them. I waved goodbye to Chris and got in my car.

I called Briana and waited until she picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, where are you?" I asked.

"Detroit."

"Briana, what the hell are you doing in Detroit?" I asked.

"It's a long story, I'll explain later."

"Okay... Well, I'm engaged and you're invited to my engagement party."

She screamed in my ear, "Congratulations!"

"Thank you, the party's next Friday at 3. Bye."

"Bye." She said before she hung up.

I invited everyone else then drove home to my fiancée.

~~~

Briana mama been cheating on Briana daddy. SMDH.

I'm glad Chris told Miranda off.

Will Briana and Chris meet up at the party?

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.

😘