Chapter XI

Vote ~ Comment ~ Enjoy!

Gethin tiredly pushes open the door to his room and closes it behind him. He rubs his eyes as he heads to the adjoining washroom. He pauses, his skin prickles and a chill runs down his spine. He slowly turns, his grey eyes scanning the room. In this moment he realises his room is far too dark for the time of day. The curtains are all drawn, only slivers of light making their way through. The sense of being watched grows stronger. "If I was going to kill you, I would have done it already." The deep voice rumbles through the room. Gethin gulps but then straightens up, his head held high and proud. A dark chuckle soon follows.

"How did you get in here?" Gethin asks, glancing towards the door.

Now he sees the dark, tall figure lounging in the chair in the corner of the room. The man leans forward, placing his elbows on his knees, his hands clasped together. An amused smirk plays on his lips. "No one notices someone that they are not looking for. Perhaps you should train your men better."

"And perhaps you should tell me you wish to meet and we could do so elsewhere. I do not want my brother to know you are here." Gethin moves to the curtains. He is about to drag them open when a knife flies past his cheek. He feels the breeze it makes as it digs into the wooden frame by his hand.

"The curtain remains shut." Gethin swallows; his throat feeling like sandpaper. "Here is as good as anywhere."

"Then speak, get this over with." The strange man tweaks up one of his eyebrows. That command did not settle well with him. "I can only assume you have information for me?"

"Your brother wishes to ascend to the throne, so to speak." The man gives a sinister smile. "Your mother supports his claim."

"I know this already. It has never been a secret that each of us wished to rule, with Jasiel dead now we both have a much better shot. You risk coming here to tell me this?" Gethin snarls, his confidence growing. The man, however, does not shrink back. He simply leans back and waits. Gethin turns to him. "What does your silence mean?"

"I am waiting for an apology and some respect." He replies in a deadly calm voice.

Gethin adjusts his collar, annoyance seeping through his skin. "I apologise, please share anything else you have found out."

The man rubs his chin, making him wait. He sifts through the information he has learned and decides he will keep some to himself. "Your brother is unsure whether Logan actually killed Jasiel." Gethin listens, his eyes growing wide, his skin paling significantly. The man takes this in with narrowed eyes. "He wrote a letter to one of the Usani's."

"So he was the one who alerted Wolfe to these events." Gethin muses, nodding as the pieces fit into place.

"No, he was not." The pieces slot back out of place. Gethin frowns. "His letter was not written to Wolfe but to someone by the name of Hunter. He arrived in your lands a few days ago. My men tracked his movements so far but in the last few hours we have not seen a glimpse of him." The man stands up, his height growing before Gethin's nervous eyes. He makes as if to leave.

"Wait!" He pauses, his hand on the door handle. His knuckles tighten. "Why would he write a letter to him?"

"There are many reasons, one of which could be to get rid of you." The man replies. In Gethin next breath the man is gone, the door shut soundlessly behind him. Gethin rushes to the door and pulls it open. He looks in both directions down the hallway. The man is nowhere to be seen. He has vanished into thin air it appears.

A young girl appears from down the corridor and Gethin beckons her to him. She smiles brightly at him, hiding her nerves behind the sweet expression. "Have you seen a tall man just now?"