Chapter XXVI

Vote ~ Comment ~ Enjoy!

"Do you remember how we first met?" She says back in a hushed voice. Logan smiles as he recalls the first moment he saw her. She had enchanted him instantly and Logan would argue to this day that he believes in love at first sight. She was different to all of the girls who had been around as he had been growing up. Her hair was remarkably different but once he heard her he knew he was a goner. It was why he never called her Zara. The name just never suited her. She would from that moment on always be his Siren.

"I do." He replies, his eyes focusing on the siren before him. She tugs her hands away from him and steps back. Logan fights the urge to wrap her up in his arms. She glances around, her cheeks colouring pink. "Are you going to sing for me?" He asks his voice low. Her cheeks colour darker. Her nervous giggle reaches him as she melts backwards into the dark. Logan struggles to find her shape in the dark now she is no longer close to him. "Siren." He calls out.

"I was going to, but..." she takes a large intake of air. "I do not think I can."

Logan walks towards her voice and stops when he realises she must have moved again. His eyes peer into the gloom. "Maybe it is for the best." He says with humour. "Your voice is bewitching and I think I should keep my senses in the dark." He searches for some movement.

"We should head back then..." She is somewhere behind him. He turns but he has lost where her voice came from.

"I did not come out here to play games." He says with sharpness and he winces. Somewhere in the dark she winces too. "If tonight was the last time it could be us, would you sing then?"

The sounds of the night creatures are all that can be heard in reply to his question. Logan's shoulders sink.

Then quietly, so quietly at first that he fears his ears are playing tricks on him, the sound of her voice breaks through the night. She sings beautifully and Logan finds himself being drawn to her. He finds her and stands behind her so that she is not aware how close he is. It is as if everything has hushed just to hear the wondrous music pouring from her mouth.

If we only have one night...if we only have another moment... if we only have one night...we will make it so we will never ever forget...we will dance under the stars... we will laugh in the rain...we will make a memory that will never go away. If we only have one night...I will beg for a hundred more...

Logan wraps his arms around her waist and her throat closes off. His head sinks down onto her neck and she closes her eyes. "Please do not stop." He mumbles against her skin. She places her hands over his and opens her mouth and continues to sing, her voice faltering as his fingers curl into the clothed flesh on her waist.

We will dance under the stars...we will laugh in the rain...we will make a memory that will never go away... Her voice soars and Logan gently kisses her shoulder. Softly she continues, if we only have one more night... I will beg for a hundred more... if we only have one more night I will make sure that it lasts forever...

Logan lifts his head and kisses her neck. He then guides her around to face him and lifts her hands onto his shoulders. She peers up at his face. He places his hands on her waist and they begin to sway side to side, rotating slowly. We will dance under the stars... she quietly sings. We will laugh in the rain... he carries on, his voice a stunning contrast to hers. We will make a memory that will never go away...they sing together.

He leans down and melds his lips against hers. Her fingers press into his shoulders as she rises on her tiptoes. His hands thread into her hair. Everything melts away and neither of them is willing to surface back into reality. Siren feels safe and protected for the first time in months. He cradles her as if she is the most precious possession in the world. Logan let's all the stresses and pain of the last few months dwindle away until it is a small niggling at the back of his mind. Soon enough though, they have to come for air but they separate only just enough to do so. Their breaths mingle between them as his forehead leans against hers.