Chapter XXXV

Vote ~ Comment ~ Enjoy!

Two days later

Zara laughs as Logan waltzes with her on the grass out the back of the manor. Her face lights up as they take several turns far too quickly and both collapse on the ground. Logan groans and laughs at the same time. She giggles loudly and a few servants look out of the windows to look at the happy couple. They all smile as Zara sits up and brushes down her skirt. Soon enough they go back to their work, nobody wants to be caught out by Lady Aileen slacking.

"I guess I need some more practise." Logan says while laughing. Zara shakes her head at him still lying down on the grass. She drops her chin onto her knee.

"Hmm I must agree with you there. You are horribly out of practise." She teases. Logan moves quickly and starts to tickle her. Uncontrollably she squirms and screams with laughter. His relentless fingers do not let up. "Stop!" She cries as tears start to roll down her cheeks. She falls back onto the ground still trying to wriggle away from his quick fingers. "You...are...an...amazing...dancer." She manages to shout in between fits of giggles. His fingers still and he looks down at her. She licks her lips and his gaze focuses intently there. "My eyes are a little higher." She teases. Logan grins and meets her gaze.

"So I am an amazing dancer, what else?"

"And an absolutely awful kisser." She taunts with a raise of her eyebrows. Logan bursts out laughing and his fingers move slightly at her waist. "You better not dare!" She warns. Clearly he does not take her warning seriously as he begins to tickle her again. She gasps and giggles, her cheeks warming. He stops and offers his hand. She lets him lift her to her feet. He strokes her cheek. "Maybe you just need more practise." That is all it takes for both to stop holding back. He kisses her deeply.

She places her hand over his heart and feels it pulsing strongly beneath her fingers. She closes her eyes. A lone tear drips down her cheek. Logan does not see it fall.

"Zara!" They break apart. She turns to her brother. He smiles and she immediately becomes wary. "You came to our lands with a purpose, Logan, either go through with it or stop what you are doing with my little sister."

"Gavriel!" She exclaims, embarrassed.

"If he is not going to marry you then you should not be leading one another on. It is not befitting a leader, especially a female one who is not even trying to hide it." Zara glares at him but he continues to smile. "So Logan, what will it be? Are you going to speak to our father?"

"Gavriel! So much has happened, you cannot expect..."

"I will speak to Lord Kier." Logan overpowers her with his louder voice and she looks to him in shock. Gavriel nods and gestures for him to leave and do so. Logan reaches out and takes her hand and brings it up to his lips.

"You do not have to do this. I know this must be too soon." Zara softly tells him, ignoring her brother's insufferable face.

"I love you and I do not want to be apart from you. You wanted to marry me once before, please do not tell me that your mind has changed." Logan seeks a reply.

"Of course I still want to marry you." He smiles and kisses her hand before marching away, past Gavriel.

Zara looks to her brother. "Why are you still here? You have lost! He has chosen me and I will not be left with nothing. You even made it worse for yourself. What did you expect his answer to be?"

"Exactly what it was. I have come to terms with the idea and I see that he is a good man for you. You will lose neither me nor Gethin by marrying him." Zara regards him with caution. She does not understand how he has changed his thoughts on the matter so easily. "I am happy for you little one."