40. Sleepover

The first snow fell and Jae felt he's in a deep hole again, when he was spending the afternoon at home. Taeil was a friend he never wished to lose and he couldn't stand the thought, that one of his best friends hated him.

Taeyong sent him the cover for the album, as the release date was approaching and the company agreed to make 'Track 12' the second single. Still the atmosphere was down, Jae was watching the weak gray daylight, that slipped through the living room windows.

"Jae, honey are you ok?" his mom stopped in the room.

"Ok," he muttered not bothering to lift his head.

"I thought about the sleepover with friends, you can invite them this Saturday," she said and Jae glanced up.

"Anyone?" he asked.

"All your friends," she tried to smile and he felt she really wanted him to feel better.

So it stayed like this and on Saturday Doyoung came over to help Jae prepare snacks and mattresses in the living room. They chose movies and music for the evening, and Doyoung made some games with funny little prizes.

It was dark early, the snow was thick, but right at 7 p.m. the doorbell rang and Jae opened the door to spot a very frozen Ten and Sicheng on his doormat. He smiled wide letting them in while they shivered trying to warm themselves up, and getting rid of the snow from their boots.

"Every winter I think I'll fly back to my country, we never have winter," said Ten, he smiled wide, when he saw Jae's mom, then bowed down.

"Oh honey you're here, are you cold? I can make hot chocolate for you," Jae's mom ran to Ten and hugged him like if he were her own son.

"Mom meet Sicheng my ffiend ffom China," Jae introduced the skinny boy, who showed all his adorable little teeth again.

"Oh baby, you must be super cold," Jae's mom grabbed Sicheng's hand. "Are you eating at all? I can cook dinner  for you, what people work in this dorm?" she shook her head and hurried to the kitchen.

"Bad?" asked Sicheng glancing at Jae, who shook his head.

"Trust me Mrs. if you would see Kun, you would understand who steals all the food in the dorm," Ten raised his brows and Doyoung giggled.

When the boys finally got rid of the winter clothes and unpacked their bags from sleeping bags, pajamas and snacks, all went into the living room and Jae's mom hurried to them with two steaming cups of hot chocolate.

Ten as her favorite got an extra cookie, but soon she came with a whole plate of sandwiches for Sicheng whining over his bony hands and legs.

Jae winked to Doyoung, both laughed.

The evening started nicely and they were about to play the first game, when the doorbell rang again and Jae's mom hurried to the front door before Jae could stop her. She opened it and her face fell. She was standing there not sure what to do and to his horror Jae saw a Taeyong, who was wrapped up in a warm gray scarf, while his black benie was full of snow.

"Hallo Mrs.," Taeyong bowed lower than ever, while Jae's mom was still considering if she should let him in, or slam the door into his head, while Jae forgot how to breath, and Ten and Sicheng cuddled to each other shivering from the cold, because the icy breeze was coming inside through the opened door.

Jae's mom waited a few more seconds before she opened the door wider.

"Welcome," she said with a face like if she was biting on a lemon when Taeyong smiled shyly slipping through the door.