74. Cold fries

Half an hour later they were finally free of Mr. Moon who made a special discount for friends and offered to drive them back but Taeyong politely refused.

"Now I know why Taeil is how he is, I pity him, his father if awful!" Taeyong was red from anger. "How can he do such things to his son or anyone!"

Jae shivered, the night was a little cold and he regretted not taking a jacket.

"Calm down," whispered Jae leaning his hand on Taeyong's arm so the boy took a breath.

"It's just my parents wasn't better and when I see other parents hurting their children like that I..." he breathed in sharply. "I knw how it feels," he looked Jae straight in the eyes.

"I know," the boy nodded.

Taeyong grabbed Jae's chin and pressed a quick kiss on his lips to calm down then he took his hand.

"Let's go," he said turning around.

They took the cable railway up to the most famous mountain in the city and walked around the cafes. They bought a green padlock, wrote their names on it and connected it to the fence like many before them. The night was cold but Jae had fun even if they needed to keep the distance as some girls recognized them and were sneaking behind them taking photos. But it was something Jae was used to by now, so he just enjoyed walking right next to Taeyong while they were talking about ordinary things like music.

"Do you want some snacks?" Taeyong pointed at the lit up booth.

Jae nodded so they walked up there to buy some french fries and chocolate. They found a bench further from the main paths, although the group of middle school girls stopped a few meters from them giggling all the time, while the boys were sharing the fries, and Jae felt a little warmer even if his sweater was thin, and the night air was caressing his back.

"Will we have some pfivate time?" asked Jae glancing towards the girls.

"Later," Taeyong raised his brow and the boy became very red.

He shivered when the wind came from the right and Taeyong slipped closer to him connecting their arms so Jae could get some warmth from his body.

They finished the fries and opened the chocolate. The girls were circling around the bench but none had the courage to come and ask for a photo.

The chocolate was gone quick and Taeyong smiled bright.

"Ready for part tow, now we have the cliche program done," he asked getting up and Jae nodded.

He was glad they started to walk back because he was freezing.

What would Doyoung say, that Taeyong is simply incapable to be any kind of romantic, and is his usual self. Jae expected more but there was still part two ahead so he had some hope left, but from the other hand Taeyong was Taeyong, so he wouldn't be to surprised if they suddenly ended up on a party with Hans and Johnny. He really hoped not but his hopes weren't high.

Soon they reached the city level and Taeyong caught a random taxi, fortunately not Taeil's father, and Jae took a breath. It was warmer in the car yet he pressed closer to Taeyong who took his hands and rubbed them giving him some warmth.

Five minutes later the taxi stopped in front of a row-house so they got out there. Taeyong tensed a little when he walked to a metal gate then pressed the bell.

"Afe we going to visit?" asked Jae but before he could finish the sentence a dog barked running down to the gate while a young woman hurried out of the house. She was unmistakably similar to Taeyong, they had exactly the same dark eyes and Jae shivered.