49. Little Fairy

"My fathef went to play bingo," Jae explained to a Taeil who was solving the crossword in his father's newspaper.

Jae opened the door and Lauren hugged him before he could stop her. He heard a sigh from the couch and turned around to see the horror on Taeil's face.

"Hi, Laufen meet my ffiend Taeil he came by unexpectedly," said Jae smiling bright.

Lauren became as pale as Taeil, but she nodded politely while Taeil jumped from the couch and bowed down five times.

Jae rubbed his hair helping Lauren out of her coat.

She didn't look happy when she sat on the armchair next to the couch while Taeil slipped on the other edge of the couch, as far from her as possible.

"So, I have cookies, dfinks and sweets," said Jae but was answered by silence. "Wait hefe!"

He ran to the kitchen and hurried back. When he entered Lauren was sitting as straightened as a ballerina could and Taeil was rolling the newspaper into a very thin roll.

Jae put the bowls on the coffee table  sitting on the floor opposite of the two.

"So how was youf holiday Taeil?" asked Jae and the boy tensed.

"Ok," he muttered, then the silence continued.

"What about you Laufen?" Jae turned to the girl.

"Ok," she said grabbing a cookie.

So Jae groaned.

"Do you have any New Yeafs Eve plans?" he asked because this question required at last one sentence as an answer.

"No," muttered Taeil and Jae was shocked by how his friend managed to answer with one word again.

"Yuta invited me to a mask ball in Japan, I'm so excited," Lauren blushed when Taeil got slightly paler. "The plane tickets came yesterday," she was so happy and Jae felt this question was the worst choice ever.

"We can watch movies togethef," said Jae glancing at Taeil.

"Won't your fancy boyfriend take you out?" Taeil tried to sound nice but it turned out viciously.

Jae swallowed, he guessed Taeyong will spend the night celebrating on a huge party and perform around midnight on the official New Years Eve celebration that will be broadcasted in national TV, so it never included him.

"I guess he fofgot whefe my house it so he can't sent a invitation," said Jae sounding as bad as Taeil.

"Oh boys, there are so many nice things you can do," said Lauren.

"Like what?" Taeil looked at her as if he's about to bite.

"Yesterday me and Jae were at the ice ring," started Lauren and stopped. "Club, house party, I guess some of your friends are planning something."

"Guess what we don't have fancy friends, we're the losers," Taeil emphasized the last word.

"Doyoung is at his gfandma's, Ten is in Thailand and Sicheng in China," explained Jae.

"Oh," Lauren tensed. "Movies sound great," she faked a smile.

A loger silence fell and Taeil started to tear the edge of the newspaper and throw the little paper scraps on the carpet.

"To your information the bird back then in May wasn't hired," said Taeil and Lauren opened her mouth wider.

"Excuse me what?" she asked.

"The bird, don't you remember?" Taeil glanced at her when Jae begged for mercy.

"Oh that bird," Lauren started to laugh.

Taeil became red to his ears.

"I'm not that kind of person who would make deals with birds," he answered and Jae was about to cry.

"What?" Lauren giggled louder and when Jae thought it can't get worse Taeil asked.

"Do you like the name Little Fairy?"

"What?" Lauren blinked. "For who?"

"For a dog," Taeil sat on the edge of the couch, his hands were working fast, half of the newspaper had already been gone while the carpet around him was covered in paper scraps.

Jae felt he's getting a massive headache.

"It's funny," said Lauren. "Why do you ask?"

Taeil opened his mouth.

"Because he wants to buy a dog and is looking fof names," Jae stopped him.

"Oh, as I said it's a little..." she looked at Jae begging for help.

"A little what!" Taeil raised his voice.

"A little weird," Lauren blushed. "Are you sure it's a good name for a dog, maybe a very little one, but I can't imagine a sheep-dog or a spitz with this name, unless you want to buy a little..." she stopped looking at the boy awkwardly.

"So you don't like it!" Taeil went from red to white.

"No, sorry but not," she shook hear head.

Taeil swallowed, he seemed more disappointed than ever.

"I thought you're different!" he said getting up.

"What have I done to you?" Lauren clenched her fists.

"You broke my heart into one million pieces!" said Taeil when he was putting on his jacket in a speed tempo.

A moment later he slammed the door shut and Jae felt Lauren's glance at him.

"Have you invited him!" she asked.

"I sweaf not!" Jae sprang up.

"How could you, I hoped for a nice evening and not a evening with him! Do you really think I'm into him! Or that I will break up with Yuta! Are you all crazy!" Lauren was shouting and Jae felt his stomach moved somewhere into his feet.

"I... not..." he tried to say but Lauren was dressing up as quick as Taeil.

"I thought we're friends!" she said and slammed the door shut behind her leaving him in the silence of the living room.

After the rough evening Jae was too broken to leave the house. His mom came back and started to ask unpleasant questions about his future so he was nearly not leaving his room. Taeyong sent him another short message - 'The album got platinum' - on Friday evening and that was it. Jae called him a few times, but he never picked up and Jae was so mad and sad that he wanted to go for a walk and never return. It was Saturday morning when the post came and his mom handed him a letter.

Jae glanced at the envelope to notice Sicheng's handwriting. Were it late Christmas wishes, but the boy had bought little presents for them and had given it to them on the last school day, so Jae was confused. He opened the envelope to find a golden paper of an invitation, to a New Year's Eve Ball in Sicheng's house in China and a flight ticket.

 He opened the envelope to find a golden paper of an invitation, to a New Year's Eve Ball in Sicheng's house in China and a flight ticket

Hello, Thank you so much for all the love and support <3

How do you like the new chapter? What do you think about Lauren and Taeil's first real conversation? Is there any hope for them to be together one day? What do you think about the investigation Jae has got? What will happen at the New Years Eve ball?

Much <3