Your lie

Your POV

I was just standing there after what he said. I know what I said to Ross but I really didn't want to talk to him unless he wants to make up with me. And Max too.

" Hey y/n I want to talk to you" someone said.

I smiled " Speak of the devil. I was just thinking of you." I said turning around to face him. " hey Max"

" Listen I know you are mad but seriously? A war. I didn't expect this" he said.

" Well then you shouldn't have lied to Ross and taken my family from me should ya?" I said.

" How your whole family? He was just your friend" he said.

" He was not. Is he just a friend to you?" I asked.

" Well no. He is like my brother" he answered.

" Well there you go." I said.

" Well you can tell he feels the same way" he said.

" Stop. Talking" I said. If he says anything more I swear.

" And if he felt the same way then he would have believed you." he said you could hear it. He was almost bullying me.

" Max. I would you suggest you stop talking." I said. I was getting angry. Very angry.

" And he did pick my side over yours. And that must kill you on the inside" he said bending so he was my level. He was only five inches taller than me so he didn't have to go to far.

" You know. It does hurt. Lucky you your pain only lasts a little while" I said.

" What pain?" he asked.

" This" I said. Then I did what anyone would do. I punched him. Not hard enough to leave a mark but hard enough to hurt.

" Y/n what the hell?" he said as he got back to his full height. He held his face and was just shocked.

" That's what you get for-" I started. Then he pushed me down.

I smiled. " Adam! Ross! Someone help. He just pushed me down."

" Y/n are you okay? Max what the heck is wrong with you?" Adam asked as he helped me up.

" I'm fine. He he just pushed me d-down." I said pretending to be scared.

" Only cause she punched me" he said.

" No no I didn't. You just pushed me down. And I was trying to apologize." I said kind of hiding behind Adam.

" Max what is wrong with you?" Adam said.

" She punched me. I was just fighting back." Max said. You could see he was scared he would be blamed.

" I didn't punch you" I said coming out from behind Adam.

" Adam you believe me don't you?" Max asked.

" I would if you were the one on the ground and calling for help" Adam said.

" What? You have known me longer. You have known her for what? About 3 days." Max said.

" Sorry. And if this happens again then you are fired. Got it?" Adam said.

" But Adam-" he started.

" Got it?" Adam said again just with more force.

" Got it" Max said.

" Y/n are you okay?" Adam asked.

" Yeah I'm fine. Thanks for coming." I said.

" No problem. Max be nice" he said walking away.

" Y/n go tell him the truth" Max said after Adam left.

" After you tell Ross the truth" I said.

" He would hate me" he said.

" Well if you mess up one more time guess you're fired." I said walking away.

Max's POV

I admire her. I know she is waging war on me and I ruined her relationship with Ross but I really do admire her. She has been so strong with this thing. There is no way I would be this cool with losing Ross. I don't want to let her back into Ross's life. She would take him from me. But I do admire her. I lied and got her in trouble now she lied and got me in trouble.

" Well played y/n well played" I said. Then I walked to my station and edited.