Break up

Your POV

We walked into the house and we saw Max still sitting at the table where I left him.

" Y/n? Krista, I'm so so sorry what I said. I didn't mean it I think I was just mad." he said standing up and meeting us in the kitchen.

She sighed, smiled, and said "I know Max, I know but that doesn't change it"

I feel like I shouldn't be here. I was standing a little behind Krista, looking back and forth between them.

" Y/n could you please give us a little time?" Max asked.

I started to walk into the living room when Krista said " No wait. I want her in here with us"

I stopped moving and looked at her. Why would she want me here? She only just met me.

" Why is that? You just meet her?" Max asked.

" I don't know, makes me feel better" she answered.

" About what?" he asked. I think me being there was annoying him.

" I don't know, just does" she said.

I still hadn't moved from where I was, and I had no intention to move any closer. I don't know why she wanted me here, and I think Max is right that I should leave. " Um maybe I should leave, this is between you two" I said.

She turned around to look at me " Y/n please, I may not know you all that well but it just makes me feel better. Being alone makes me feel cornered"

I looked at her face. She really didn't want to be alone. I nodded my head at her and she turned back around to look at Max.

" Look what I said was wrong, and I know that and I promise I'll never do anything like that again. I was just angry I guess and I let that speak for me." he said. I'm glad they forgot me.

" I know I know but this isn't just about what you said, it's also about me. First off what you said to me was not right and I'm glad that you know that. I'm not mad. But this is mostly about me" she started.

I think she was waiting for Max to say something but he waited quietly, waiting.

" Second my college offered to send me to a better one, one where it would be easier to become a journalist. This is an amazing chance and only 4 other people got it. It would be a waste to turn it down." she continued.

Everything was silent for a moment. I was just looking at everything but them, as if that would make it better.

" How far is it?" Max asked.

" Out of State" she answered.

I finally looked at him, he looked so sad.

" If you take it.... How long will you be gone?" he asked.

" Four years" she answered. Her answers were getting shorter, maybe as a coping mechanism to stop crying.

" That's a long time" he said.

She nodded her head.

" So what now?" he asked putting his hands in his pockets.

" You know what happens" she said. You could hear she was trying not to cry.

He nodded his head and rubbed the back of his neck.

She sighed and said " Well I'll be by um later today, while you're at work, and get my things."

He nodded his head again. " Speaking of I need to go get ready so if you don't mind"

" Oh yeah of course" she said and turned towards the door and left.

" Um by Max I'll see you later" I said and quickly followed Krista out.

" You okay?" I asked as we started walking back to my house.

" No. No I'm not" she said.

The rest of the walk was silent. I could tell she was holding back tears. As soon as we walked into my house she stopped trying and let all the tears out.

Up until it was time to go get her stuff, me, Leah, Em, and Krista, all watched movies and ate ice cream.

So I know I say this every time but I really do mean it. Sorry for the bad ending I didn't really know how to end it. Anyway have a good day/night.