Strawberries

Your POV

"I told you I told you, IIIIII tooooollllddd yooooouuuu," Penny teased. I was driving her to the airport.

I rolled my eyes and smiled "Look, so you were right. But really, is it that big of a deal?"

"Child, of course it's a big deal. You like him, and don't try to deny it you said he's so that means something, so this is a good thing for you."

"First off, you've got issues. I don't think I can stress that enough," she snorted.

"And second, maybe I do like him. He's a really nice person, and despite how we first met I think he does care about me a lot. And the fact that he hated me so much at the beginning just shows that he does care about people a lot."

She nodded her head "While that is a good quality, will it be good to have two people like that in a relationship? I mean you're exactly like that and I fear for the well being of the rest of he world."

I laughed as I turned the car into the drop off of the airport "Honestly you're too much. Now get your butt outta this car and help me with your bags."

She so extra sometimes, but that's what made her exciting. I honestly don't know who I'd be without her. And I mean really, everyone needs someone who's so extra.

"Thank you for having me. New York has been too quite without you," she said giving me a hug.

"Please, you make it sound like I went to every club in NY," I gave her the biggest and tightest hug possible.

"I know. But really, I miss you a lot. You'll have to come out some day. Maybe when you cave Max are married."

I slapped her arm.

"Ow! Now what was that for?"

I laughed and gave her another quick hug "Get on your fancy plane and head back to your fancy city."

She laughed and saluted me "Have fun on your date. You'll have to tell me all about it."

"You know I will. You'll be the first person to know."

Time skip to when you get home

"Okay, what do you want," I answered the phone.

"Wow okay. Well if that's how it's gonna be I think I'll take back my offer," Max said on the other end.

"Oh please, you'd be heartbroken."

"In your dreams. I mean I lived 20 some years without you I think I can last a few more days."

"You really aren't helping your case to get me to go on this date."

He was silent for a moment. Maybe it wasn't a date, crap maybe he didn't think it was a date.

"Max? Did I say something wrong?"

"No no, I'm just shocked. I'm happy that you see it that way, I don't think you understand how hard it was for me to ask you. It took so much courage for me to do that. I don't know what I'd do if you had said no. I wouldn't have been able to face you," he explained.

"Max why would I say no? Sure, when you first met me we were way on the wrong foot but we've come a long way from then."

He laughed "Yeah we sure have. I'm sorry that I was like that, really I am. It was rude of me and I was being selfish. I just didn't want you to take Ross away from me."

"I can understand that. If I thought someone was going to try to take Ross or Penny from me I probably would've done the same thing" I said as I walked around my apartment in circles. I can never stay still when I'm on the phone. It drives me crazy.

"Well I'm glad you understand my reasons. So back on topic, when you wanna go to dinner? I would prefer to do it tomorrow nigh, after work," he suggested.

"Okay, that sounds amazing. I'm excited for this, thank you for asking me."

"Of course! I really enjoy your randomness," he complimented.

"Thanks I guess. You wanna hear my theory about phone companies, strawberries, and taking over the world?"

Okay I know the ending sucked. And I know it's been 2 months, so sorry. I haven't felt like writing and it sucks. I want to end this soon so I don't have to feel bad for keeping you guys waiting. What do you guys think?