Challenge

Your POV

"I think Max likes you," Penny commented out of the blue. We were driving to the offices for Penny's last day in Washington. I managed to get a half day off to go to something fun.

I laughed "You're crazy. When I first came here, he hated me."

She shrugged her shoulders "You can just kinda tell. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Ross did too."

I snorted "Good thing you know better. Well while we're on the topic, you ask out that one girl you liked?"

She smiled and turned away from me, just the reaction I was hoping for "Um yeah I did. It's nothing official, it's only been two weeks, but I really like her."

"Well that's very good. I hope you realize next time I come out or you come out I am seeing her," I was thrilled for Penny. She told me she was Bi our third year of high school and had only dated four people sense. And out of the four, one was a women. I was worried that it was her not being okay with who she was, but I guess I'm in no place to talk.

She laughed "Yeah, I expected nothing less. She's really lovely, I don't know if you remember, but her name is Amber."

I nodded my head "Yeah I think you mentioned that."

"So now that we cover that, back to Max and his undying love for you."

I nearly choked "That's a bit blunt don't ya think?"

She laughed "Oh sweetie, blunt is my middle name."

I rolled my eyes "There's something seriously wrong with you."

"Tell me something I don't know."

————-

Max's POV

Okay Max you can do this. All you have to do is pull her aside and ask if she wants to go to dinner sometime. Simple enough, right? If I just relax and stop trying to make the situation worse than it is then I should be fine.

Today I was actually doing to do it, I was gonna ask y/n out. Yesterday I don't know what happened, guess Penny being here just kinda set things off for me. And the fact that she told me to ask her out, and the thing about Clark. Whoever that is.

"And the first step would be to get out of my car, right," I mutter to myself.

After I accomplished step one, the next step is to actually make it in the office. As I walk, I pull out my phone and head phones. After scrolling down my list of music, I found the one song that always manages to calm me down. As the sound fills my ears I begin to feel a bit calmer, but of course the worry is still there.

"Morning Mad Max," I hear from behind me.

I stop and pull out one of my headphones, holding back my smile "Good morning to you too Adam. But I hope you realize now that I have complete zen, you can't get to me."

He laughed "Is that a challenge? I never back down from a challenge you know."

I rolled my eyes "Okay fine, it's a challenge."

"Yes! Prepare to taste the sweetness of defeat," he exclaimed as he ran ahead of me, probably to 'prepare.'

I put my headphone back in and started walking again. What time of day would be best to ask her anyways? And I think she mentioned only doing half the day today, so maybe before she leaves would be best. Or right when she walks in and gets settled in, before she has to do anything.