Human flesh

{Max's POV}

"Max I think you're over thinking this" Ross said from a chair in my room.

"No I know" I said as I continued pacing "I know I'm overthinking, I just can't get it out of my head. What if she still hates me? Wh-"

"Max" Ross interrupted "She still doesn't hate you. She comes over here and talks to you, does that sound like she hates you?"

I stopped and looked at him. He did have a fair point. Back when she was 'waging war' on me, she wouldn't talk to me the way she does now. Back then, there was always some side angle that she was getting at. Now..... now's different, no side angle. I nodded my head and started pacing again "You're right"

He sighed "Now if that were true you wouldn't be pacing now would you?"

"You're right Ross I know that. I just can't get over this..... this feeling in my gut." I admitted.

He was quite for a little while, thinking. I think he was debating whether or not to say what was on his mind. After a minute of thinking he decided to say it "Is it maybe because you like her?"

I stopped pacing to look at him. I laughed and continued to pace "Ross you're you're crazy" I may like y/n a tiny bit but I can't tell him that.

He laughed and managed to get out "You you really like like her"

"Shut up"I said.

"You're right I'm sorry" he said still laughing. Once he recovered from his laugh attack he asked "So, really, do you like her?"

"I don't know man" I said sitting on my bed and putting my head in my hands.

"Max, buddy, it's not a bad thing to like her. Y/n is the sweetest girl I have ever meet. She is caring and will fight for you, I think you know that better than anyone. But you also know that she will not be afraid to fight back if you screw her over" I laughed at the thought which made Ross laugh before he continued.

"Max I just want to say you'll never meet anyone like her. As cliché as it sounds she has had one of the worst pasts that you could imagine, but she doesn't let it define her. She is an amazing person that I think you should get to know better. It'd do the both of you some good."

I smiled "Thank you Ross, this means a lot. I'm also glad you're not one of those crazy psycho brothers"

He smiled and put his arm around my shoulder "Oh Maxy, I am the crazy brother. If you hurt her, again, I will hurt you back." He patted my shoulder then got up and left. I laughed and watched him go.

That was a fun conversation. Well in all fairness he did help me settle my problem, so I guess it wasn't just a threatening conversation. I didn't know Ross could ever be threatening. I smiled as I started to get ready for bed. I think I should tell y/n how I feel. I mean Ross isn't gonna go all crazy on me, well too crazy, so I think I can be man enough to it. I managed to tell Krista how I felt, so why should this be different? It feels different. Feels like this is the biggest thing to happen to me and that if I get it wrong my world will end.

I shook my head. Don't be silly Max the world won't end if she says no. Maybe she already has a boyfriend back in New York and she just hasn't mentioned him? No Ross would've told me in our conversation. I think I should just do it tomorrow, I'll just tell her how I feel.