Chapter Sixteen

~Recap~

Colin's P.O.V.

I went through the rest of the day avoided anything related to Jessa. Including Jessa. I was doing a good job until lunch time when we all sat together. As everyone talked (more like screeched in April and Jessa's case), I snuck away to find Rosa. I spotted her and made my way over. I saw her go stiff when I got closer.
"We need to talk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosa's P.O.V.

"We need to talk."

'Who knew those four simple words could have such an impact on me' I though as an involuntary shiver of excitement shot through down my spine. I could feel his presence just inches behind me and it took every ounce of willpower I had to not lean back andclose the gap between us. It was especially difficult when I could feel something inside urging me to get as close as possible to our mate. Wait, our mate? I have to talk to mom about this stuff.
Fighting a blush, I looked around at my pack members.
"Hey guys, the cafeteria has suddenly lost its appeal," I said, ignoring my fuming mate completely, "What do you say we go somewhere quieter."
I stood up and expertly avoided my mate, who let out a growl of frustration, then threw my trash away. We almost made it to the door before I felt my arm, from the scent and the pulses of electricity I could tell it was my mate.
"I said," he growled, "we need to talk."
Within a second I had my arm free and, while looking him straight in the eyes, delivered a slap that echoed over the walls of the silent cafeteria. 

"Do. Not. Touch me." I growled. Collin's eyes darkened from hazel to a golden brown and a growl rumbled in his chest.

After that, there was about two heartbeats worth of a pause before I was hoisted over my mate's shoulders and taken out of the room.
"Rosa!" I heard someone say frantically. I lifted my head to see Danny looking furious while the others giggled at my predicament. Traitors.
"I'll catch up with you guys in a while!" I called back. Then I was out of the cafeteria and headed for the woods.
"So where are you taking me exactly?" I asked after a few minutes of walking, " And is this going to be like a thing for you and your pack? Cause first Aaron knocked me out and kidnapped me and now you are too. That's just ru-"

My rambling was cut off when my mate stopped abruptly and sat me on my feet. I looked around for a minute and took note of my surroundings. We were in the middle of a forest that was surprisingly familiar to me.

'We're near my house!' I thought with glee, 'I can escape!' Before I could bolt, my attention was drawn back to my growling mate. His eyes darkened to that that golden color again making me feel a combination of fear and excitement.

"Aaron WHAT!" he growled out, "He hit you? I'm going to kill him! I told him not to approach you in the first place until I was home and now I'm hearing that he knocked you out." He turned to pace and run a hand through his dark, cropped hair. I caught myself watching the muscles in his arms bulge and contract before stopping myself. 

"You told him not to capture me? How do you have that kind of power? He's a beta! Only an alpha can give them orders." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. I know he knows I already know about mates so I didn't worry about that transgression.

He surprised my by letting out a low chuckled and took a step toward me, I countered by taking a step back. This continued until my back met a tree. Then he closed the gap between us by putting his hands on either side of my face. He leaned in close enough for my breath to hitch in my throat and a blush to crawl onto my cheeks.

"Honey, I'm his alpha."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Holidays everyone!! I'm alive and on break so hopefully that means more time to write! No more three month gaps!

As Always:

Read!

Vote!

Comment!

Tell your friends!

ToeSocks22