Chapter Eighteen

*Recap*

We walked and talked for another hour or so before coming to the edge of my lawn. We said our goodbyes and I walked across the lawn. The front door opened before I could even reach for the knob and I was pulled in by an overly excited red head and slightly mellower brunette.

"Tell us everything!" they screamed when the door closed. I looked at the two of them with a grin so big it hurt.

"I have a date on Saturday!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes! I knew you guys would end up together." Ariel said with a satisfied smile once I had finished telling them everything. We had made the living room a pile of blankets and pillows for another girls night. At this rate, the girls might as well live with me! That's actually not a bad idea for the future. We could make a pack house and grow!

"Well I'm glad I could make you happy, Ariel, but you guys are both forgetting something." Ariel and Vanna looked at me with confused expressions. "I have never been on a date!" I groaned at them, "I have no idea how to act, what to say, what to do, or anything like that! And what and I going to wear? I don't even know where we're going!" This seems like such a stupid problem but right not it feels catastrophic.

"Just calm down for a sec," Vanna held up her hands and cheered, "that's what we're here for!"

"No wait!" Ariel said, she had her 'idea face' on, "We need a guy's perspective for this one. Vanna and I can help with your appearance, of course, but I think we need a male perspective for the rest."

Five minutes later, we had four very disgruntled and sleepy teenage boys sitting in the middle of my living room. 

"Why in the name of all that is holy are we here at midnight!" Joe has been whining since he walked through the door. He says we disrupted his 'beauty sleep.'

"You are here to give Rosa a little lesson on guys." Vanna formally began. She and Ariel were sitting on their respective mates' laps discussing possible outfits for Saturday.

"What!" Danny yelped, "Why?" he narrowed his eyes at me while I rolled mine at him.

"Collin and I talked yesterday and decided to try and make things work. We're going on a date on Saturday." I told him with a huge smile.

"No." Danny  said without any emotion. His face didn't portray anything either but his eyes gave away how mad he actually felt. The normal light blue irises were beginning to turn the yellow color of his wolf.

"Excuse you?" My smile was gone too.

"You heard me!" he snapped back, "You are not going out with that sleaze! I forbid it!"

"You forbid it!?" I stood and yelled in Danny's face, I could feel my eyes changing to match my anger too. "Newsflash, Daniel, you are not my father! You have no right to tell me who I can and cannot date!"

Danny stood up too but I didn't back down. 

"Well that is too damn bad, Rosalyn" he sneered my full name like a curse word, "because I. Said. No."

"Don't you dare try to order me around, Beta." the voice that came out of me was mine, but it also wasn't. It came out deeper, more gravelly, older and more powerful. The voice of an alpha.
The voice worked because Danny took a few steps back and lowered his eyes. Then, without looking back, he turned around and stormed out. The house was silent after the door slammed shut. I took a few seconds to regain control of my emotions. Once I felt my eyes go back to normal, I looked around the room.