Elemental Witch

I'm the kind of girl who checks for murderers hiding in the shower. That might sound weird to the normal person that you probably are, but when you have lived the life I have in the short time that I've lived it, you would be a little paranoid too.

Oh! You want an example of some of the freaky things I have been through and done? Well I can give you several examples. But just the first will do for now.

~~~~Memory~~~~

Age 5: I was in the park with my mom. We were playing hide and seek and got separated from each other. I was walking around the edge of the park where the woods were when I heard growling. I was so scared and when I turned around  there was a freakin MASSIVE wolf, and I'm not just saying that because I was 5 and a shorty. Oh no, this thing was huge and staring right at me about fifteen feet away.

I must have looked tasty because it took a step forward and started growling again. Even though I was completely terrified, I did not like this thing growling at me so I looked it in the eyes and growled right back. Weird I know, but it felt right and I did not like being challenged. The wolf looked surprised for a moment before charging right at me. When it got within five feet of me, something changed.

I felt something inside of me snap. It was absolutely amazing. Like a dam breaking and a river of power rushing out of my heart and into my veins. I felt like I was floating. The wolf was still in the air coming towards me but it felt like he was in slow-motion but I wasn't.

Acting on instinct, I raised my hand and a burst of air shot out of my palm. The wolf was blasted back about ten feet and went right through a tree. As soon as it got back on its feet, it ran.

When it was out of sight, the power-high left with it. I felt dizzy but pushed it back.

"Rosalyn? Rosa, where are you!" it was  my mom calling.

"Over here!" I walked around a large tree and found her. She immediately checked me for injuries. She found none and looked into my eyes. Her eyes widened when she saw mine.

I was growing more and more tired by the second.

"What happened?" I started to wobble and uttered one word.

"Wolf."

When I woke up, mom made me tell her the whole story. After I finished, she was to shocked. She recovered somewhat quickly and told me about the wolf.

It turns out the wolf wasn't a normal wolf. It was a Shifter Wolf. A man/woman(mom said it was probably a man due to its size)who could turn into a wolf. And this particular shifter was apparently a rogue and I needed to stay away from them. Mom explained all about Shifters: they live in a pack, have an alpha, have a mate, usually live with humans without the humans knowing.

If I ever meet another shifter mom told me that I was to never look them in their eyes. When I asked why she told me it was because I would probably end up being ones mate. Crazy right.

What was even crazier was when she told me that I have powers. According to her I inherited them from my father. Mixed feelings followed that statement but that is a story for another day. I was supposedly very important and rare and many wanted me dead because of what I was. I am also an Alpha, another thing from my dad. That made me more powerful

The specific term for what I am according to mom was an Elemental Witch. I could manipulate all forms of nature and when I got better at controlling my powers, I'd be able to shift into my spirit's form. My mom said that she is also an elemental but unlike me, she only has one element: water.

We moved later that week and never really stopped. We had to, to keep me safe.

~~~~End~Memory~~~~

After that first incident, there were several more. Kidnappers and other shifters. By the age if six, mom started to teach me self-defense, hand to hand combat, and helped me learn to control my powers. We travel a lot. Moving from town to town.

I am now eighteen. I have mastered my hand to hand/defense training and have control over all of my elements, but I still haven't shifted. We are also moving into a new town which means a new school with new people who won't like me. But hey, that's life.

~~~~~~~

New story!!!! First story so please leave a review or vote! Both would be very appreciated! Thanks!!