Chapter Twenty-One

*Recap*

"I'm going to find him." I stood and turned to leave. I heard Danny protest, but Olivia calmed him by saying Collin might appreciate company. All I know is I had to find out if he was all right... and if our date was still on for Saturday. Priorities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I walked out the cafeteria it suddenly hit me, the boys had driven today so I'm going to have to walk it to Collin, wherever he is. Olivia said he went home, but I was unconscious the one time I was at the pack house, so I have no idea how to get there. I grabbed my stuff from my locker then left the school. Wolves tend to like privacy and nature, so I figured somewhere in the forest was my best bet. Looking around, I had to groan. This town has wooded areas everywhere. I picked a sidewalk and started walking.

'I wish Elementum Vitae could mind-link like a real pack.' I grumbled to myself, 'That would make things so much more convenient in situations like this.'

Wait! I have the next best thing to a mind-link- a cell phone! Thank you, mom. I grabbed the phone out of my backpack to send a quick group text to the girls.

'Hey! How do I get to Collin's house...' I texted.

'OMG you stormed off and you don't know how to get there XD' Ariel replied. I rolled my eyes as I pictured her giggling at my misfortune.

'I was worried! Don't make fun of me ;(' I sent back.

'Awww you are too cute!' Ariel replied again. I growled a little at that. I am not cute! I am respectable. And lost.

'Please just tell me where it is?' I tried again.

'I can't believe you are leaving me with these lunatics' Vanna finally cut in, 'You know the road that leads to your driveway?' I responded that I did.

'You keep going straight on that road until you see a dirt path going into the forest. Follow that path and it'll take you to a clearing that opens up to the community. Collin's house is in the center'

'Thank you!!!' I responded to my helpful girl friend.

'No prob!' She sent back, 'but next time don't leave without knowing where you're going! Especially on foot!!'

That made me giggle, Vanna is definitely the motherly one in our group. She would have been a wonderful Beta female. That is another thing I wanted to bring up with Collin when we finally talked, why did he demote the couple?

'Will do! Talk to you guys later' I responded. Vanna told me to be safe again and Ariel demanded I give them all the details when I returned.

I was really thankful for a couple things during my walk to the pack house. One was my advanced genes which allowed me to complete the journey in half the time it would take a regular human. Two was the fact that I biked to school on my first day, so I knew the way home easily. The walk was also pretty pleasant. It gave me some time to myself to think about the events that have happened since I got here a few weeks ago. I never thought I would have friends like a normal teenager or have a mate like a normal werewolf. Thinking of Collin made butterflies go wild in my stomach. Pretty much every little girl dreams of finding their 'one true love' and now I could possibly have that opportunity! So far it wasn't the fairytale I had when I was small, but the possibility was there. I don't fully trust him yet, but if we take things slow, I think it could work.

As I approached the clearing, the butterflies doubled. I was willingly entering a pack's intimate territory. This definitely had some risks, but I needed to see Collin. I had a very uneasy feeling in my gut since this morning and my instincts told me seeing him was the only thing that would help. I needed to make sure he was okay.