Chapter Nineteen

"Ok everyone!" I said once the excitement settled down, "It's two in the morning and we have school in a few hours so time to sleep!"

There were a few groans and one 'Finally!' from Joe and then everyone was asleep.

'I can't wait for school tomorrow.' I thought as I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Rosa's P.O.V.*

"Oh my gosh, Ariel! Your morning breath is disgusting!"

"Get your foot out of my face!"

"Move over!"

Yup. That is what I woke up to the next morning.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes before rolling over to go back to sleep. Note to self: never roll over while lying on a couch.

"Oww," I moaned. Ariel and Vanna stopped whatever they were doing to look at me.

"Well if you don't fall off the couch-" Vanna said like a parent scolding a child.

"You won't get an ouchie!" Ariel finished in the same voice.

"Ha-ha, very funny." I mumbled from my spot on the floor. I untangled myself from the blanket and threw it at Danny. Instead of waking up like I hoped he would, the big bad wolf-boy just grabbed the blanket to snuggle before rolling over to resume his snoring.

"Well okay then. What are you two doing up at this ungodly hour?" I looked at the clock, we'd only been asleep for about four and a half hours.

"We need to get ready." Ariel gave me a "duh" look. Screw that!

"Really." I deadpanned, "You guys woke me up so you could get ready." I got off the floor and glared at them.

"Well technically you woke yourself up by falling off the couch." Vanna pointed out and her red-headed companion nodded in agreement. I glared more, then sighed.

"I hate you both."

"No you don't!" The two morning people chorused in their identically chipper voices. I rolled my eyes and headed upstairs to grab clothes and take a shower.

Within the next hour everyone was awake and eating breakfast. Correction, the girls and I were awake; the boys looked like zombies munching on pop tarts.

"I need more coffee." Devin groaned into his empty cup. Danny, Joe, and Garret nodded in mute agreement. Again. Each boy had taken a turn complaining about being awake for the last ten minutes. The people who were actually awake found the whole situation hilarious.

"If you guys complain this much about being up early for school," I casually remarked after another round of complaints, "Just wait until I've set up morning training sessions."

That woke the boys up.

"Training-" Joe started.

"In the morning!?" Garret finished.

"I'm still sore from the other day!" Devin exclaimed. All three boys simultaneously put their heads on the table and groaned.

Danny grinned at me. We had started planning training last night. With the schedule our evil minds created, no one would ever dare to mess with Elementum Vitae.

"Of course, we start tomorrow morning." I said gleefully, "Now you guys need to go get ready."

I got a chorus of dejected "yes ma'am's" from the twins and Devin and a sarcastic salute from Danny. He and I were used to morning training from when we were kids. My mom kept up the training with me so I guarantee his dad did with him. 

I shook my head and watched them dejectedly shuffle out with a fond smile. That smile disappeared when I turned around. Ariel and Vanna were staring at me with identical Cheshire cat grins.

"Do you know what else tomorrow is?" Vanna asked, almost buzzing with suppressed excitement.

"Umm, Saturday?" I questioned. Ariel turned to Vanna.

"She really is hopeless, isn't she?"

"Yes, I do believe she is." They turned back to give me disapproving looks and I glared back.

"Just tell me what I am supposedly forgetting." I growled at them.

"Your first date with Collin is tomorrow night!" They yelled at me.

Oh my gosh! How could I have forgotten that! A dreamy smile crossed my face. My first date with my mate. My first date ever.

"You guys are going to help me get ready right?" I asked and they nodded. I smiled again. "Great! Now let's clean up a little, my mom would freak if she came home to a house this messy."

We turned to look at the living room. One of the recliners was still on its side from the pillow fight last night.

"Yeah... We should probably straighten up a bit." Vanna concluded.

After a few minutes of cleaning, Ariel broke the silence.

"Hey, Rosa," she started. "Where is your mom? I haven't seen her in a few days."

Vanna nodded in agreement and both girls stopped what they were doing to look at me. I continued to look at the blanket I had just folded, contemplating the answer to the question I had been wondering for several years.

"I honestly don't know for sure." I answered after a pause. "Every time we move she disappears for several days, sometimes a week. When I was little she'd leave me with Danny and his Dad, but I've been on my own for the past few years."

"And you don't have a clue where she might be?" Vanna asked. I could tell both girls were shocked that a mother would leave her child alone in a new place for days on end.

"I do have a guess." I walked into the kitchen, gesturing for the girls to follow. Then I started rummaging in the cabinet by the stove before moving to another. "When I was twelve I found my mom's phonebook hidden in a box she always has hidden in the- Ah-ha! The toaster. It only had one name in it, Brutus Marshall. No idea who that is, but I bet that's who she goes to see."

Ariel and Vanna exchanged glances.

"Okay, number one," Vanna began, "why would she go to see him?"

"And two," Ariel cut in, "why the toaster?"

"I think he's the one who covers up why we leave different towns. You know, to smooth things over and help us find a new place to live? I met him once when I was really little. And I don't like toast to answer the second question." I shrugged off the weird looks they sent my way.

"You weirdo!" The girls exclaimed. I stuck my tongue out at them.

"C'mon, we need to get the boys and head to school." Right when I said that, the boys filed down the stairs looking slightly more awake. "Oh there you guys are! Let's head out."

Everyone followed me out to the cars and we headed towards the school.

'I can't wait to see Collin.' I grinned as I looked out the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, Loyal Readers! Look, I finally updated! Please don't hate me for waiting so long! I hope you enjoy the chapter and hopefully they will come more frequently. Love you guys!

As Always:

Read!

Vote!

Comment!

Tell your friends!

ToeSocks22