Chapter three

I was right, the ride didn't disappoint. In fact, I was in complete awe of the trees. I mean there were trees everywhere! Probably because there are wolves everywhere. As you have probably guessed, I have enhanced senses thanks to my special 'abilities'. I smelled them as soon as I got into town. And the smell only intensified as I got closer to the school. So did the butterflies in my stomach. 

The school itself was beautiful, but very intimidating. I haven't been to an actual school in several years because my mom has been homeschooling me. So to prepare myself, last week I watched a bunch of shows on ABC Family. I hope my school is nothing like the one on Degrassi! Those teens are messed up. Any way back on topic. The school building was made of red brick and looked relatively new, the sign in front proudly stated the name. 'Potentia High School! Home of the Wolves!' Haha! can anyone say ironic!

I surprisingly found a bike rack with a few other bikes chained to it. So I went ahead and chained my bike too. Then I made my way to the entrance. The inside of the school was pretty clean too. Grey colored tiles lined the floor; matching stairs led up to a room labelled Office. There was no one in the hallways which I thought was kind of weird, but then again, I have never been to a real school so what do I know. I entered the office and found an elderly woman sitting behind a desk typing very intently on a computer. So I waited, but she kept typing. Finally I got impatient.

"Excuse me ma'am?" Yup, that's me getting impatient. I'm freaking scary when I'm mad. The woman jumped up out of her seat and slipped into a defensive position. I took a step back towards the door and away from ninja grandma. She stared at me for a second before getting a really weird look on her face. She didn't say anything, just stared. Creeper. So to break the awkward silence I figured it would be a good idea to introduce myself.

" Umm, hi? My name's Rosalyn.." Still nothing, "I'm a new student.." Nada, nothing but awkward starring. This is getting weird and I'm really getting mad. "Hey lady! Shouldn't you be getting me a schedule or something!" Yeah it's rude but I'm past caring. The lady shook her head and grinned at me.

"Just like your mother, but you have your father's spunk." She said with a small smile. What? How did this woman know my parents. More importantly, I look like my dad?!

"How do you know about my family?" I asked tentatively. She got a confused look on her face.

"Oh never mind dear! My name is Mrs. Han by the way! Here is your schedule and a map. I'll write you a pass to your first class." I smell a subject change! Before I could call her out on it, she began to run around the space. Pulling papers off the shelf. Pressing keys on her computer. "You are almost twenty minutes late! Better not make this a habit!" That explains the empty hallways. Oops. She pushed the papers in my hands and pushed me out the door. I glanced at the schedule in my hands, I have Chemistry with Mr. Banner, A-42. I turned back around to face Mrs. Han.

"Where's Mr. Banner's class?"

"Down the hall two the left!" Slam! She just slammed the door in my face! I huffed and followed her direction. The walls where lined with blue lockers and posters advertising various social, academic, or sporting events. So far its like Degrassi. I looked around and finally found it. I took a deep breath to control my racing heart and turned the nob.

Every single head snapped in my direction. I know my face probably looks like a tomato. The man who I am assuming is the teacher. A young-looking man wearing dress slacks and a purple button up shirt. I inhaled. He's a wolf. So are about eleven other students in here. I made sure to keep my eyes away from any guys starring at me.

"You must be Rosalyn! Welcome to chemistry. In here we use a binder system for a grade. That is what everyone is working on right now. You will be excused for today, but will be expected to use your binder in the future. You may take a seat next to Ariel. Ariel raise your hand." A friendly looking girl raised her hand.

"Thank you, sir." I sat down awkwardly, everyone was still staring at me.

"All right, class. Back to you binders." Whispers broke out around me. I looked down at my desk. I hadn't bothered to put all of my stuff in my locker ( heck! I don't even know where my locker is!) so I had my binder, notebooks, and pencils with me. The most entertaining thing I think to do would be to do in a situation like this is doodle. But before I could open my notebook, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over and saw Ariel smiling at me.  

"Hi! As you know, I'm Ariel! I know we are going to be the best of friends! This is so exciting!" To prove her excitement, Ariel began hopping in her seat and clapping her hands. 

"I appreciate the enthusiasm! My name is Rosalyn." 

"Oh, I already know that silly! You've been the talk of the town ever since that first moving truck came through!" Wow this town must be smaller than I originally thought.  

"Seriously! Why?"  

"Let's just say not everyone gets to live in this town. You've got to be pretty special." Ariel's voice became a little mysterious like she's holding back a secret. Which I guest she thinks she is. As far as she knows, I have no clue what a werewolf is. Or that this school is crawling with them. So I just nodded.  

"I guess so. But seriously I'm not that interesting!" Kind of a lie if you count the fact that I can bend nature to my will.  But she doesn't need to know that.

"Not interesting! Puh-lease! You are totally the center of attention right now. Look around!" I did and it was true. The girls glared or whispered. All the guys kept trying to catch my eye. I hurriedly turned back to Ariel. "Told you! Every thing from your clothes, your look, your sce- never mind, but you are like making high school headlines baby! But why are you wearing sun glasses?" She was about to say scent. I guess to her I do smell different. Mama says I smell like changing parts of nature.

'Like the forest after a storm blows through.' or 'Like freshly planted flowers.' I don't really know what I smell like. But I do know that wolves have a very distinct smell. All werewolves have a pine needle smell mixed in with their own personal scent. For example, Ariel smells like cherry blossoms mixed with a little bit of pine needles. A sweet combination.  

"What's wrong with my look! I make these shoes look sexy!" We grinned at each other and started to giggle, "Is there a dress code here? I feel more comfortable with my glasses." 

"Okay, okay! No need to get defensive! The dress code isn't really enforced here so no worries! Now what's your next class." I handed over my schedule.  

"I don't know. You tell me." She scanned the paper.  

"Okay you have math next, then English, lunch, history, study hall, and PE. We have English, lunch, and PE together. Yay! We'll sit together at lunch! You can meet my friends and boyfriend!" She grinned and bounced again. Note to self, never let her have energy drinks. 

"Oooooh! Ariel's got a boyfriend!" I wiggled my eyebrows at her. She shoved my shoulder. 

"Shut up!" Then the bell rang and we packed up our stuff. "Come on, I'll show you where your locker is." 

We walked through the crowded halls, found my locker, and Ariel showed me where my Math and English classes are. We split up and I headed to math.  

The next two classes were pretty much the same as the first. In math, people starred again. On the up side, I met a nice girl named Savannah who is also friends with Ariel so she sits at the same table. Savannah also has English with me. When we got to English there was more starring and I chilled with my two new friends.  

Now we're heading to the cafeteria. Savannah and Ariel were explaining how to get to my next classes.  

"So you just take a right and go straight." I nodded.  

"Okay. So that's how you get to Mr. Jacks- Ow!" We turned a corner and I ran into a brick wall. Wait that brick wall is breathing! I gulp and glance up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I win the award for crappiest cliff hanger!! I will dedicate the next chapter to whoever gets the Avengers reference I made!!  

Next update when I get to 110 reads or more, 3 or more votes, and at least 1 comment!! Thank you! Tell your friends!!