Chapter two

I probably got about one hour of sleep last night. Let me tell you, that freaking sucks. And I feel like death.

Last night, I went over every possible scenario. I step onto school ground and am immediately attacked. They wait until after school to ambush me. I am somehow lured out of school, taken into the woods, and eaten by evil mutant bunnies... Okay, that last one was thought up around five a.m. but can you really blame me? I am panicking! And even worse, l have nothing to wear!

"Rosa!" I heard mom asking from downstairs. l continued laying in bed, starring at my surprisingly white, plain ceiling. Hmm, I would have to change that soon. Maybe a new color or some stars or, "Rosalyn! Get your butt up!"

''Okay! I'm up!"

''l'm leaving! Love you!" Mom found a job at a local doctors office. Being a water elemental, she has a natural affinity to healing. This came in handy when I was little and adventurous. The bad part was she has to leave early and work late. This means l got to ride my bike to and from school, but this would be good for me because l love riding and it would help me to get acquainted with the nature of the town.

"Bye Mama! Love you too!"

I literally rolled out of bed and onto the carpet. Then I made my way to my bathroom to take a shower. I actually woke up little bit. Not! I am so tired I'm surprised I didn't fall asleep during the walk between my room and the bathroom. And it's like four feet! Oh well, I guess I'll have to deal with it.

Next was the outfit. I HATE picking out clothes! But I needed look good today if I might be meeting my end. Yeah I'm being dramatic so sue me! You try starting school in the middle of the year!

l started flipping through my closet. Too dressy, too casual, too plain. Ahh! Perfect!

I finally found a suitable outfit for me. Skinny jeans, my converse, and a tight black tank top with a long sleeved plaid shirt over it. I rolled the sleeves up to my elbows to make it a little more feminine and added my favorite lucky locket. I looked in the mirror. My outfit was suitable and my hair was its normal straight blond. Then there were my eyes. My mis-matched blue and green eyes. How can hide them? Sunglasses! Yes, last night I put them on the counter so I'll grab them when I leave. Okay, now I'm ready. When you look good, you feel good.

'Wow' I thought, 'l never realized how naive l am... Or pessimistic... Oh well'

l looked at the clock. I only have fifteen minutes to get to school. I grabbed my dark sunglasses to hide my eyes and hurriedly put them on.

'Looks like I won't be doing much exploring today.' I thought while grabbing an apple and running out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I agree, it is a very short, filler chapter and I apologize for that, but volleyball season is in full swing right now and sectionals are next week (I'm so excited!!). I have a lot on my plate right now and chapters will be less frequent but they will be posted sooner or later! Thanks for reading! Leave a comment, vote, and/or Fan me! Tell your friends!!!