Chapter Twenty

"I think he's the one who covers up why we leave different towns. You know, to smooth things over and help us find a new place to live? And I don't like toast to answer the second question."

"You weirdo!" The girls exclaimed. I stuck my tongue out at them.

"C'mon, we need to get the boys and head to school." Right when I said that, the boys filed down the stairs looking slightly more awake. "Oh there you guys are! Let's head out."

Everyone followed me out to the cars and we headed towards the school.

'I can't wait to see Collin.' I grinned as I looked out the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Rosa's P.O.V.*

"No way dude! Superman would eat Batman for breakfast, like how could you even think he could stand a chance?"

"Because he's freaking Batman! He could just invent a gun that shoots kryptonite and boom, no more superman! Easier than taking candy from a little Kryptonian baby."

"Oh yeah? Well Superman could-"

"Girls!" Devin shouted over the argument in the back seat, "Save your arguing for lunch and get out of the car!"

Ariel and Savannah shot him dirty looks before obeying. I sat there for another moment to make a mental note to look up Superman and Batman next time I used a computer. My collection of movies and pop culture seemed to be lacking. 

"Okay but who do you think would really win, babe?" Vanna grabbed Devin's hand and gave him a little pout, you could practically see the boy melt from the look. I need to take note of that look and practice it for future use.

"Definitely Superman." He replied. Vanna shot Ariel a triumphant smirk before giving her mate a small kiss on the cheek.

"That is not fair! Garrett you must avenge me!" Ariel cried and dramatically 'fainted' into her mate's waiting arms. He picked her up bridal style and continued walking to the door as if that were an everyday occurrence. The conversation continued and it seemed that Superman was favored by Vanna, Devin, Joe, and Danny while Batman only had Ariel and Garrett. Sorry Batman.

"Hey," I said before we reached the building, "does anything seem weird to you guys?" I looked around, trying locate the source of my discomfort and found it wasn't a certain something- it was a lack of somethings. There were no students milling around outside like normal. 

"This is freaky." Danny sniffed the air. The rest of us followed his example. I smelled Collin. A very angry Collin. Oh shit.

I took off running towards the smell, the rest of my pack hot on my heels. We didn't have to run very far because it seems like every student in the school had congregated in the main hallway. They were pointing, gasping, and yelling at something in the center of the group.

"Move," I said, pushing my way through the crowd. I got a couple growls but a quick glare silenced them. "Out of my way!" The seven of us pushed our way through until finally breaking through to the middle. The sight made me gasp. It was Collin and Aaron. More specifically, Collin holding Aaron by the throat and pushing him into the lockers.

"Collin?" I questioned. "What the hell is going on?" His eyes snapped to me and they went from gold to hazel. He dropped Aaron and stalked away as I looked questionably at his retreating back. A stab of hurt flashed through me but I brushed it off. 

'I'll corner him later to talk.' I thought.

The warning bell rang and the crowd scattered. Aaron glared at me before picking himself up off the floor and stalking away. I turned to see my pack watching me to gauge my reaction to what we just witnessed.

"What?" I asked them as I walked to my locker to grab books for first period.

"What do you mean 'what'?" Joe asked, gobsmacked. "Your mate just choked out his Beta in the hallway then walked away like is was nothing and all you have to say is 'what'?" They all stared at me which made me very uncomfortable. 

"Look, I don't know Collin that well yet and from what I know of Aaron, he probably deserved it. If Collin is anything like me, he probably just needed some time to cool down. I'll try to find and talk to him later, sound good?" They nodded and we gathered out stuff to head to our classes.

Classes passed by as usual with one noticeable difference, no Jessa. This was perfectly fine with me but I also had a bad feeling niggling in the base of my stomach. It was a weird morning due to the Alpha-Beta altercation now no annoying wannabe-Alpha's mate? Something didn't add up. Soon enough lunch rolled around and I was excited at the prospect of seeing Collin. He hadn't been in any of my morning classes and I have no idea if he was even still at school. That thought made me uneasy too.

"I am starving!" Garrett groaned, "And you guys were taking forever!" He gave Ariel a puppy dog look that made her coo and give him a hug. I just rolled my eyes at the dramatic couple and scanned the cafeteria looking for Danny. I spotted him talking to a girl with short, dark curls across the room. I nudged Vanna and pointed.

"Is that who I think it is?" I asked her. She looked over to where I was pointing and nodded her head, eyes wide with excitement. "Time to embarrass my favorite Beta!" I said in a sing-song voice as I flounced over to where they were standing. I heard the girls snicker behind me as the group followed.

"Oh Danny boy!" I called and smirked as Danny stiffened and groaned. That was a nickname I called him when we were little and he always hated it. I saw the girl look at him quizzically then her hazel-green eyes got big as she spotted us.

"What do you want?" Danny asked through gritted teeth. I grinned and started bouncing up and down on the balls of my feet. This was so exciting!

"Aren't you going to introduce us?" I asked as innocently as one could when bouncing like a crazy person. I could see Vanna and Ariel fighting back grins as Devin and Joe chuckled at Danny's misfortune. Garret was starring longingly at food.

"Olivia, this is Rosa," Danny gestured helplessly to me, "Rosa, don't scare her." I gasped in fake shock.

"Why I would never!" I clutched my hand over my heart dramatically. "Hi, Olivia!"

"Hello." Olivia smiled meekly and tucked some hair behind her ear. She already seemed so different from her brother in temperament. Speaking of which, where was Collin? I looked around again, faintly making note of the rest of the group introducing themselves. I zoned out as we grabbed food and sat down. 

"Hey, Olivia, where is Collin?" She pause when I asked and bit her lip. 

"I honestly don't know." She said after a minute. "He stormed off after that thing with Aaron so he probably skipped and went home."

"Yeah what was all that about this morning?" Devin looked really concerned. I always forget they're actual cousins. 

"I came in a little late into the fight but from what I gathered, Aaron did somethings that didn't sit well with Collin." She started. "I think he might have challenged his Alpha position." We gasped. It was one thing challenging Devin when he was down. It was a cowardly, disrespectful way to win a title but at least Aaron knew he had a chance. Going against an Alpha like Collin in his prime was a death wish. 

"I'm going to find him." I stood and turned to leave. I heard Danny protest but Olivia calmed him by saying Collin might appreciate company. All I know is I had to find out if he was all right... and if our date was still on for Saturday. Priorities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, lovelies! Here's a new chapter for the first time in forever! I hope you all enjoy it. Please feel free to let me know in the comments!

As always,

Like!

Vote!

Comment!

Tell your friends!

Love,

The new and improved ToeSocks22