Chapter four

~Recap~

Now we're heading to the cafeteria. Savannah and Ariel were explaining how to get to my next classes.

"So you just take a right and go straight." I nodded.

"Okay. So that's how you get to Mr. Jacks- Ow!" We turned a corner and I ran into a brick wall. Wait that brick wall was breathing and wearing a black tee shirt!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey watch where you're going!" The guy snapped at me. How dare he! Wait, that voice sounds familiar.

" Look buddy, how was I-," I looked at his face and the words died in my throat. It couldn't be! "Danny?" His eyes widened.

"Rosa! That can't be you!" Danny's eyes widened and he took a step back.

"Well believe it because it is! What are you doing here? My gosh I have missed you so much!" The beginning of tears stung my eyes and my smile was so big it hurt my cheeks.

"I live here now. I've missed you too, Rosa!" I threw my arms around his neck and practically squeezed the life around him. I couldn't believe it! The last time I saw him, we were running from a rogue and got separated in the woods. When I found my mom at our meeting spot, there was no sign of Danny or his father.

"Hold up! What is happening right now?!" I jumped and turned to see Ariel staring at us with her mouth open and eyes wide, Savannah wore the exact same expression. I kind of forgot they were there for a second.

"Oh umm guys, as you probably know, this is Danny. Danny, as you probably know, this is Ariel and Savannah, my new friends." I stood there awkwardly. Didn't they already know each other? They had been living in the same pack for I don't know how long.

'Well if they did they wouldn't be assessing each other would they' my subconscious answered back sarcastically. Sometimes my subconscious can be a sarcastic bitch but hey, so can I! I decided to voice my question. "Don't you already know each other? I mean y'all have probably gone to school together for years now?" I looked at them all quizzically.

"Actually I don't think we have ever spoken before now. Ariel have you?" Savannah looked to Ariel. "Nope, never." That's strange. The Danny I know is a friendly chatterbox. Why wouldn't he have made friends here too? I turned a questioning eye to Danny. He shrugged and gave a a 'we'll talk about it later' look.

"Let's just say the guys here and I don't exactly get along." His eyes told me that there was a lot more to the story.

"You and I will talk later. And you two," I said turning to Savannah and Ariel, "shall come with me because I am hungry. Danny, you wanna come?" Danny looked around me at the girls.

"Sorry, Rosa but I don't think that's a really good idea. I'll talk to you later. Where are you living?" He asked. I pulled out my phone.

"Give me your number, I'll text you." We exchanged numbers and I gave him a hug goodbye.

Then I started to walk toward the cafeteria but stopped when I noticed that I was the only one walking. I turned around and saw Ariel and Savannah looking at me with their mouths practically touching the ground. Before I could blink, they each grabbed my arm and dragged me to the nearest supply closet. Ariel sat me on a chair and Savannah switched on the light. I blinked at the sudden light in my eyes.

"Okay, what the hell!?" They looked at me like I was the crazy one. They dragged me into a closet and I'm the crazy one? Nope.

"You're asking us what the hell? We should be asking you what the hell!" Ariel cried as she threw her hands in the air. Dramatic much?

"Yeah! How do you know Daniel Calvin! He never talks. Let alone hugs anyone!" Wow, he must have really changed. After Danny and his dad went missing, rather than thinking the worse, I imagined they moved on to somewhere new and were living happily. I am very glad to know that was the case but happily might not be the right description judging by the reactions from the girls and Danny.

"Danny was my best friend when we were little! Why hasn't he made new friends here?" I looked back and forth between the two girls. They locked eyes for a second, a sign that they are probably mind linking.

'The only reason they could be mind linking would be if its pack related' My inner voice thought. 'But why would Danny have issues with their pack?'

I must have zoned out for a minute because the next thing I know, Savannah was snapping her fingers in my face. I opened my mouth to make a snappy remark but Ariel interrupted before I could.

"Why don't we go get some lunch? The line is probably short by know!" She grinned at the prospect of food. I got to say my stomach agreed with her and it made itself known.

Laughing, we all made our way out of the supply closet and down to the cafeteria.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, what do you think? I'll delve more deeply into the whole Danny-Rosa thing in about two or so chapters... Leave a comment and tell me what you think! Or vote!... Voting is good

Question(s) of the chapter!

Who is your favorite book character? And why?

TELL YOUR FRIENDS!