Chapter Seventeen

*Recap*

He surprised my by letting out a low chuckled and took a step toward me, I countered by taking a step back. This continued until my back met a tree. Then he closed the gap between us by putting his hands on either side of my face. He leaned in close enough for my breath to hitch in my throat and a blush to crawl onto my cheeks.

"Honey, I'm his alpha."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What?!" I yelled.

"Couldn't you tell?" My mate, my alpha mate, asked. Focusing on him now, I could definitely tell. Absolutely everything about him screamed 'Power'. From his self-confident posture to his bulging muscles to his cocky smirk and amazing eyes... I shook my head to get those thoughts out of my head. No time for being mushy. I had to get away from him and fast. I quickly looked around the clearing, acting on the first plan that came to my mind and stepped on his foot.
"Ow!" he yelled. I took his split second of distraction to push him and run away. Once again I didn't make it very far before he tackled me. We rolled until I was pinned under him.
I guess this is going to be a regular thing.' I thought.
"What the hell are you doing!" My mate yelled at me, "Why do you keep rejecting me! Is it because I'm an Alpha? I am allowing you to stay on my land despite the fact you did not formally ask and you just keep running away!"
"What are you talking about?" I screamed back, "You rejected me!" 
"I did not!"
"Yes you did! When you walked in with that bitch, Jessa! You were kissing her!" The last part came out in a broken whisper that made him wince. Good. He deserves it. So why do I feel awful?
"I only did that because you ran away from me at the mall! I don't know how you would feel, but I felt pretty rejected." He shot back. That made me stop for a second, he had a really good point. I sighed and wiggled a little bit to get out from under him. He let me and we were sitting across from each other. I sighed and instinctively took his hand.

"I am really sorry I hurt you by doing that," I sighed, "but think of it from my point of view. I thought I was going to be killed and then some random stranger grabs me on my way to the restroom! I say that's a justifiable reason to freak out. Then I feel the sparks and the random stranger is my mate! I panicked and ran. I'm not supposed to have a mate."

"Yeah my bad," Collin blushed and scratched the back of his head. That little gesture softened his features making hip look like a sheepish teenager rather than a scary alpha."-my wolf took over when I grabbed your face. But I still don't understand why you ran. I was so excited I finally found my mate and then got kicked in a place no guy wants to get kicked. I just want to know why."

It was my turn to look sheepish and let out a nervous giggle. 

"I really am sorry about that." I looked down at my lap and undid our hands. I put my arms around my knees and pulled them to my chest. "You've probably guessed my past isn't very pretty." I started. "My mom and I have moved around basically all my life so I don't have any relationship experience. I was and still am scared. There is so much that could go wrong and I don't want to put you through that. I understand if you want someone easier and with more experience." A hot flash of pain went through my heart as I said those words. A warm hand grabbed my own and another tilted my chin up until I was staring into his eyes. They changed again from a hazel to green.

"I don't want anyone else." My mate said, "I'm willing to take things as slow as you need. There is a reason we are supposed to be together." I grinned at him and he returned it easily.

"Is there anyway we can start over?" I asked and he nodded. "Okay! Hi, I'm Rosalyn, but you can call me basically anything else, and I am a rogue technically trespassing on you're land. Sorry bout that." I giggled nervously.

"Hello Rose, I'm Collin, alpha of this territory and I say you can stay." He stood up taking me with him. "I would also like to ask you on a date."

"Well Collin," the name rolled off my tongue easily which made me smile, "I accept."

We walked and talked for another hour or so before coming to the edge of my lawn. We said our goodbyes and I walked across the lawn. The front door opened before I could even reach for the knob and I was pulled in by an overly excited red head and slightly mellower brunette.

"Tell us everything!" they screamed when the door closed. I looked at the two of them with a grin so big it hurt.

"I have a date on Saturday!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~