birthday girl

Maya sits next to Sarah, watching Brendon sing with the pre-recorded audio playing for the music video. Brendon looks to Sarah, who's sitting just off camera with Maya, as he sings the last lines of the chorus before stepping off the stage and walking to where the other two are sitting. Maya claps "Very impressive." Sarah smiles "It was great." Brendon grins back "I'm glad, but now this is over, we have a lunch date." He grabs both Maya and Sarah's hands, leading them away from the small set.

They sit in the small cafe, Brendon well aware of the photographer standing behind a car across the street. Sarah follows Brendon gaze as they take another photo of the trio, Brendon sighs, running a hand through his hair "Fucking NME." Sarah looks at him sharply "Language." Maya looks worriedly at the floor "What'd you think they're going to say about me?" she asks. Brendon looks at her, putting a hand on her shoulder comfortingly "It'll be fine kiddo, no one who's met you would've said anything." Sarah nods but still frowns "NME's going to come up with some theory, then AP'll get on board and they'll all start trying to figure it out. You know, if you're comfortable with it Maya, we should probably say something. Tweet something at least." Maya shrugs "If you want to, then let's do it." They finish their drinks and stand, Brendon leaves a tip before they walk to their car, not before Brendon stops to flip the photographer off. Maya laughs and Sarah shakes her head, smiling.

"Yo, Pete." Brendon answers his phone, standing in the kitchen "Yeah, could you come here for like an hour or so, we're going to say something about Maya on twitter, there was an NME photographer outside the cafe we were at. We'd rather say something about it before they start conspiring." Brendon nods as Pete replies, Sarah and Maya watching from the table. Brendon puts his phone down, returning to Sarah and Maya "Pete'll be here in ten, is that cool?" Sarah and Maya both nod, laughing at Brendon's hair, which is now sticking up at stupid angles. 

"Dude, fix your hair." Pete says as he walks in behind Sarah. Sarah nods "You look terrible." Brendon turns to Maya "Please tell me you don't think I look bad." Maya laughs and shrugs "I don't know, you look pretty terrible." Brendon groans, before racing across the room and tickling Maya "Stop!" Maya shrieks, laughing so much she's crying, rolling around on the floorboards. Brendon laughs back "Only if you say I don't look terrible." He smiles and she laughs even more. Maya nods "Okay, okay you look fine." Brendon nods "Thanks." He helps her up, pulling her into a one-armed hug, his other arm around Sarah's waist. 

"Aw, cute." Pete hands Brendon his phone, showing him the picture. Brendon laughs "Thanks." Sarah glances a the photo, smiling and hugging Maya. Brendon sends the photo to Sarah, who opens instagram, while Brendon begins writing a tweet, adding the photo. 

 @ brendonurie: welcome to the family my favorite kiddo, @ mayaurie you've changed our lives so much already, thank you. you're the best thing that's happened to us in a while. b x

@ hellosarahurie: maya! welcome to the family, you're amazing and thank you for everything you've changed about our lives @ mayaurie sarah x

Maya looked up puzzled as she read the messages from each of their phones "I don't have a phone though, why are you tagging me for an account that i don't have?" Sarah grinned "You didn't think we forgot, did you?" Brendon, who had previously left the room unnoticed, returned, Pete running up behind Maya and picking her up "Happy birthday!" Maya laughed before Pete placed her back on the ground, Brendon hugging her, then Sarah before Brendon passes her a white box. Maya looks up skeptically "You didn't have to, really. Everything you've already done for me is enough, it's more than enough." Sarah rolls her eyes "Come on Maya, it's your special day!" Maya opens the box, a iPhone inside. She smiles up at Brendon, Sarah and Pete "Thank you." she says quietly, hugging them each once more.   

Pete leaves, after many phone calls and happy birthday wishes from various people who Maya was introduced to previously. Brendon, while on the phone with Pete, had organised for them to call. Brendon, Sarah and Maya are all back on the sofa, watching a movie, when Brendon's phone begins ringing. He picks it up off the coffee table, answer Zack "Hey, what's up?" Zack, on the other end, sits in his car outside their house "Don't open your front door. You've got NME, AP, Kerrang and MTV people outside." Brendon laughs "I thought they would be quicker, but yeah we'll be fine." Zack sighs "Whatever you say man, but I'm going to hang around for a bit longer, I'll text you if they aren't gone by eleven." Brendon nods "Yeah, that's cool. I'll see you in a few days anyway man, we'll talk about press then."

As he hangs up Sarah frowns "We forgot to tell her." she whispers, Brendon frowns for a moment before realising "Oh, shit we did." Maya looks over at them "Forgot what?" Brendon smiles "You know how we've been doing all those music videos and stuff? Well, Panic's going on tour, we were wondering if you would be okay with coming with us." Maya blinks, thinking. Brendon scrambles for something else to say "Sarah's coming too, you wouldn't just be stuck with me." He laughs and Maya smiles "Sounds great."  

Sarah reaches over, pulling Maya closer into a group hug "I'm so excited to take you everywhere! We're going to Tokyo this year, it's going to be so much fun May!" Maya giggles "Is that my new nickname?" She hugs Sarah, who nods. Maya smiles "I like it."

a/n: this one's short but the next chapter is some bus/plane family/band bonding time woo

also i wasn't going to update again this week because i've been writing pretty slowly this week but you guys were too nice with voting and comments on the last chapters ily

grace x