the sound of your heart

Brendon dragged his and Maya's bags behind him as they walked through the airport. Sarah, pulling her own suitcase, walks next to Maya "I've never actually flown anywhere before." Maya says quietly, looking up at Sarah. Sarah smiles softly "It'll be fine, we're taking the private jet from the label." she puts her arm around Maya's shoulder comfortingly.

Brendon looks up as his name is called from across the terminal, he glances at Sarah before looking up and smiling at the two kids running over to them "Hey, sorry to bother you, but could we get a selfie?" one of them asks. Brendon nods "Yeah, sure. It's fine." He smiles back at them, holding the phone and taking two photos. The second of the pair glances at Sarah and Maya, who stand behind Brendon on their phones "Hey, you're Maya, aren't you?" they ask, still smiling. Maya nods, following Brendon's lead "Hi." Sarah waves slightly, looking back down at her phone. The pair wave back, turning to leave "Have a nice flight, thank's for the photo." They grin, Brendon nods "Are you guys coming to a show sometime?" They nod enthusiastically "We're coming to Miami in July." Brendon grins "Awesome, we'll see you there then. Hope you guys like the album." They smile, waving again. 

Maya sits in-between Brendon and Sarah, they met Kenny, Dallon, Dan and Zack boarding the flight. Dallon, Kenny and Dan sit opposite them, Zack sitting in a different part of plane because he was complaining about wanting to sleep without Brendon taking photos. As soon as they can, Brendon, Maya and Dallon sit on the floor in the middle on the plane, Brendon declaring they play truth or dare.

"Maya." Dallon pauses dramatically "Truth, or dare?"

Maya laughs "Truth." Dallon thinks for a moment, Sarah laughing as she watches the three of them on the floor. Dallon scratches the back of his head "Okay, favourite type of pizza?" Maya rolls her eyes "Easily pepperoni."  Brendon high-fives her "That's my girl." He smiles and Maya sticks her tongue out. Brendon turns to Dallon "Truth or dare?" Dallon laughs "Dare." Brendon raises his eyebrows "You sure?" Dallon rolls his eyes at Brendon "Try my bitch." Brendon laughs "Okay, I dare you to wake Zack up." Brendon smiles and Dallon shakes his head "No way man. Not happening." Brendon shrugs, Maya laughs "It's a rule dude, you've gotta do the dare." Dallon, looking defeated, walks through a curtain-door to another part of the plane.

"Good luck." Kenny laughs from behind them.

Maya moves back up to her seat next to Sarah, leaning her head on her shoulder. Maya begins falling asleep, so Sarah moves the armrest up and motions for Maya to lay across the seats, her head in Sarah's lap. As Sarah brushes her fingers gently through Maya's hair, Maya closes her eyes and falls into a comfortable sleep.

Maya wakes with Brendon's jacket across her arms and shoulders, she blinks up at Sarah "Hi." She says groggily, Sarah laughs softly "The boys are asleep, Dallon woke up Zack, he wasn't happy." Maya smiles, sitting up slowly. Sarah puts her phone down "How'd you sleep?" Maya nods "Good, I don't usually fall asleep easily in places that aren't bed though." She frowns, thinking. Sarah pulls her into a hug "Maybe it's because you're with your favorite person in the whole world!" she says playfully. Maya giggles "I don't know, you come a close second to Penny and Bogart." Sarah fakes a hurt look "They're dogs, and two different dogs." Maya shrugs, barely containing a laugh "I guess that makes you third." 

Brendon walks through, pulling the curtain across the door behind him "What's Sarah third at? If it's video games, she's much less than third. That and drinking competitions, Penny and Bogart can hold their liquor better than Sarah." Maya burst into a fit of laughter as Sarah shakes her head "Brendon, I thought I could trust you, and please tell me you haven't been mixing their water with white wine again." Brendon blushes, looking to Maya "That was one time. And I was drunk, so it was a drunk decision. Which doesn't count." Maya only laughs even more.

"What's your favorite thing in the world." Brendon asks, sitting down next to Maya. Maya looks at him with wide eyes "God, uh." She looks at Sarah, who nods encouragingly. Maya takes a deep breath "The dampness left in the air after in rains in winter, when it's not hot and sticky, but it's humid and cool." Brendon nods "Nice."

Sarah grins as Brendon and Maya continue talking, she sits back, taking a quick photo of the two and opening instagram 

@ sarahurie: my two faves ❤️ @ brendonurie @ mayaurie

Brendon's phone buzzed, as he picked it up Sarah laughed. Brendon shook his head laughing, liking the photo and returning to his conversation with Maya. Sarah smiles softly again, leaning back into her chair. Brendon and Maya are the best things to ever happen to her. 

An hour later, Dan stumbles through the door, pushing the curtain int Dallon's face "Zack said we're almost there." Sarah nods "About ten minutes to landing, the you've got soundcheck, tonight's a bus night as well, then we're on to Corpus Christi and the day after that New Orleans." Brendon kisses her cheek "Sometimes I wonder why you aren't our tour manager." Sarah rolls her eyes "Because I'm the babysitter." Kenny laughs, high-fiving her "Can't deny that man." Brendon sighs "Screw you Kenny." Kenny only laughs back, falling into his seat as the plane begins to land.

a/n: why are my chapters so short lately idk don't ask me this is barely 1000 words