northern downpour sends it's love

Maya catches a taxi to JFK airport, her hands shake as she steps onto the plane. She pulls her phone out, playing northern downpour through her headphones as the plane takes off. She scrolls through her photos, finding the videos of her and Pete on stage at the final american show, then the photos of her playing in Japan. She finds the photos of her, Sarah and Brendon from Meiji Jingu and sets it as her lock screen, choosing a photo of her and Amelia, asleep around the fire, Maya in Josh's lap, Amelia leaning against Sarah as her wallpaper. 

Brendon sits on the edge of the bed, his knee bouncing nervously. He runs his hands through his hair, yawning. Sarah sits up, pushing the sheets off her "I know you're worried Bren, but try to sleep. Tomorrow's a big day." Brendon nods, pulling her into his chest and closing his eyes.

"Welcome to LAX, it's currently 1:30 pm and it's 17 degrees. Thanks for flying Delta, we hope you enjoyed your flight." Maya stands, carrying her bag off the plane and walking towards the baggage claim. She picks up her suitcase and bass before standing in the airport terminal. She was in LA, with no idea why. But she was back, for how long, she didn't know. But she'd take the time to appreciate being here, before she had to go back to New York. Before she had to go back to Rachel.

Someone standing in the taxi lines holds a sign, Maya Urie, she steps outside, waving slightly "Hi, I'm Maya Urie?" The man nods, opening the car door for her and placing her bags in the back of the car before they begin driving. Maya doesn't ask any questions, only sits in the back, listening to northern downpour, holding on to her bass.

Pete calls twenty minutes after her flight lands "She's on her way." Brendon smiles nervously "Yeah, I'll text you when she gets here." Pete nods "Cool man, see you soon."

Maya doesn't realise that she recognises the road they're driving on until they pull up in-front of the familiar white house. The man driving steps out of the car, handing Maya her bags. Maya looks up at him "Hey, what do I do now?" He shrugs "This is as far as my job goes kid. Figure it out for yourself." He returns to the car, driving away. Maya clutches her bass, headphones around her neck, she walks up the driveway slowly before turning back. She frowns, shaking her head. She isn't here for them, this is some sick joke. 

"It's a bit cold out there. If you don't put a jumper on you'll get sick." Brendon remarks, hands in the pockets of his jeans as he leans against the front door. Maya turns slowly, mouth hanging open. She drops her bag, placing her bass on top of her suitcase before she runs towards the black haired-man, throwing her arms around his neck "Dad." she cries, he picks her up "Hey kiddo." He smiles "You're home for christmas Maya." Maya cries into his shoulder "I missed you so much. I thought I'd never get to see you again." Sarah opens the door "We wouldn't ever, ever let that happen." Maya gasps, jumping from Brendon's arms to Sarah's "Mom, I missed you so much." Sarah smiles, hugging her daughter tightly "I missed you too May." After at least ten minutes of hugging and crying, Brendon picks Maya's bags up "Let's get these back upstairs." He grins. Maya pauses in the doorway "But I have to go back don't I?" Sarah crouches so she's eye-level with Maya "Maya we got evidence from your school, and Rachel's neighbours brought more evidence to the court, they said they heard you yelling for someone to stop hitting you. And the only other person in the house was Rachel. The court didn't have any other choice other than to let us bring you home. You're back for good May." Maya smiles, tears flooding her face "Thank you, thank you so much." Brendon joins the hug before Penny and Bogart race into the room. Maya laughs through the tears "I'm not forgetting you, fur-babies." There's a knock at the door and as Maya hugs Sarah again Brendon walks over, opening the door to find nine people standing on his front porch. They all yell, Pete running in first. 

Maya looks up,  finding Pete standing in-front of her "Pete-za!" She yells, jumping into his arms "Maya the psychic!" Maya laughs, burying her head in his shoulder "I missed you." Pete smiles sadly "I missed you too kid." Gerard's next, hugging Maya "Hey space girl." Gerard laughs, Maya smiles back "Hey hesitant alien." She giggles, hugging everyone else now also standing in the room before Brendon picks her up again, kissing her forehead. 

The group sit outside surrounding the fire, Maya wrapped in a blanket "Come on, you've gotta have a favorite of one of your own songs." she whines at Tyler who shrugs "I don't know, it'd probably be holding on to you." Josh nods and Joe laughs at the two "You've been doing that song for years." He rolls his eyes and Josh shrugs "It's a good song man, and you guys can't talk, sugar we're going down singing this song for ten years." Gerard laughs, holding his hands in the air "Shots fired." Brendon laughs, pulling his daughter into what feels like the thousandth hug of the day "I missed you kiddo." He smiles at her, Maya leans into her dad, hugging him back "Thank you for getting me out of there. Thank you for not giving up on me." Sarah smiles "We'd never give up on you May. We love you too much." Maya smiles, hugging her parents. Pete takes a photo with Brendon's phone, opening instagram

@ brendonurie: get the gang together @ sarahurie @ mayaurie

Maya falls asleep in Brendon's arms, Sarah leaning her head on Brendon's shoulder, the three of them sitting with their friends around the fire pit.

a/n: naw i hope you guys like this one i think it's kinda cute and soft and yay

grace x