hesitant alien and space girl

Maya stops to pull the hoodie over her head, it was now dark, and she was at least half an hour's walk away from home. Her phone kept buzzing, but she never answered the calls and texts. Cars drove past as she found herself at the park opposite school. She slumped against the gate, knowing that walking around after dark by herself was dangerous, but here she was. 

mom ✨: may? where are you? 

mom ✨: i've driven all around the block and i can't find you

mom ✨: please tell me you haven't gone too far

mom ✨: maya please just tell me where you are, i'll come get you.

mom ✨: he didn't mean what he said. he's too stressed, organising this tour single handedly was a bad idea. we all knew it, but he wouldn't listen.

mom ✨: please may. i'm worried about you.

Maya continues to ignore the texts, as a car stops in-front of her. Tears are still staining her face and she scrambles to wipe them off and look as casual as possible as a figure leaves the car. She goes to walk away from them before the speak "Psychic, we gotta get you home." Gerard tries a small smile as he walks over to Maya, who shakes her head, tears threatening to spill again. Gerard sighs "Come on Maya, Sarah's worried about you." Maya shakes her head again "What about Brendon? I bet he's glad I'm out of his hands." Gerard frowns, shaking his head sadly "What, no. He was worried that you came home late and upset that you didn't tell him about the detention." Maya sighs, now crying freely. Gerard hugs her before picking her up as her legs give out "I didn't mean to say that I didn't want to be there, it slipped out. And now," She takes a gulp of air "And now he thinks I hate him. But I could never hate him." Gerard shakes his head before taking his jacket off and wrapping it around the shivering girl in his arms "He doesn't hate you Maya, he was just worried." He pauses, thinking "If you don't want to go home tonight you can come back to my house and stay the night. I'll call Brendon and Sarah and tell them you're with me." Maya opens her eyes shyly, looking up "If it's okay." Gerard nods "It's fine Maya. Let's get you somewhere warm." He places her in the passenger seat before they begin the drive to Gerard's house.

Lindsey opens the door, a giggling Bandit in her arms. She hugs Gerard before waving to Maya "Hey, I'm Lindsey. I've heard a lot about you." she laughs softly, Maya offers Lindsey a small smile "Hi. I'm Maya." Lindsey laughs again, nodding "This is Bandit, she's meant to be in bed, but was woken up when someone slammed the front door on their way out." She looks pointedly at Gerard, who holds his hands up "Hey, I was in a rush." He turns back to Maya "But Lindsey's right, it's getting late. Have you eaten dinner?" Maya shakes her head, checking the time on her phone to find that it's been almost four hours since she left, and it was now coming on to ten. Gerard takes Bandit from Lindsey and walks down a corridor, Maya follows Lindsey into their kitchen as she's presented with a bowl of mac and cheese. Lindsey smiles "Sorry that's all I've got to give you, Bandit got to pick dinner tonight." Maya laughs, shaking her head "It's fine, thank you." Lindsey sits on the counter as Maya eats "Sarah told us what happened. That sucks, the detention." Maya looks up "I thought you'd be talking about what dad and I said to each other." Lindsey nods "That sucks too, but man, a detention. I hated detentions. What was it for?" Maya looks back to her bowl "I was late to math." Lindsey looks at her in shock "Seriously? A detention for being late to a class that sucks anyway? That's rough." Maya laughs at Lindsey's tone "Don't listen to teachers, most of them are over-pretentious d-" 

Gerard enters the room "I really hope you're not about to tell her teachers are dickheads." He sits next to Maya, who's struggling to contain her laughter. Lindsey sticks her nose in the air "So what if I am? It's true." Gerard rolls his eyes "Says you, shitty teen." Lindsey laughs now "Shitty teen is great, don't try and tell me that isn't true." Maya frowns "What's shitty teen?" Gerard rolls his eyes again "It's an art thing Lindsey and a friend of hers did. It's pretty great." Lindsey jumps off the bench "Ha! You said it, it's great." She returns shortly holding a t-shirt with shitty teen written on it in a rocky horror picture type font. Lindsey hands her the shirt "I was a shitty teen and I have proof." She laughs and Maya holds the shirt up "That's awesome." She smiles. Lindsey shrugs "Keep it kid." Maya smiles up at her "Thank you." Gerard stands "Come on, I think it's time you got into bed." He shows her through a corridor to a guest bedroom, Maya digs the spare clothes out of her bag, changing into them to sleep. She climbs into bed after hugging Gerard "Thank you for looking out for me." She says quietly, looking at her feet. Gerard shakes his head "It's fine, space girl." she laughs at the new nickname "I like that one. But if I'm Maya The Psychic and space girl, then you're alien." Gerard grins, nodding "Space girl it is then." She smiles as he walks to the door, turning the lights off "Goodnight space girl." "Goodnight hesitant alien." 

a/n: this is a little short but i liked finishing it there

this update is mostly for Crazy_Fangirls17 (have fun at school don't get caught/get in trouble reading this) falloutavicus (for asking haha) and awesomesauce2413 (for staying up late to read)  

hope you liked the chapter !

grace x