sunsets on the evil eye

"That's such a beautiful guitar." Amelia states as the pair sit in the studio, Amelia messing around on the piano while Maya practises on her new guitar. Maya nods "I'm bringing it in this week, for our music group's piece. I don't even know what we're playing, and then next week dad and a few other people are coming in for that workshop day." Josh opens the door, sitting on a box full of sheet music "What's up with this workshop day? Brendon just told us we were coming too." Amelia stops playing to turn and explain "Every year the music department has some musician come in and be a guest speaker, sometimes they run workshops, and it's usually someone from an orchestra. It gives the school the reptution they have for the music program." She thinks for a moment "My second year here we had some X Factor contestant. I don't remember who though." Josh laughs "Music TV show winners and contestants don't do so well in the real industry. They get used to having everything organised for them. Some make it, others not so much." Maya nods, fiddling with her guitar some more before Josh walks towards the drum kit, beginning to play ride. Maya laughs as Amelia joins in, playing the piano part. Maya stands, grabbing her bass off the wall where it rests next to Brendon's and begins playing with them. Penny runs in and they realise the door was open. Tyler smiles when he sees the three playing, beginning to sing as he stands next to Maya. Brendon sits in the chair, Sarah watches from the door as the four of them play, Maya providing some back up vocals. They finish and Brendon claps, Tyler and Josh smiling between each other "I liked that one." Tyler grins "Let's get you guys recording that one more time." Brendon nods when the girls agree, and starts recording. They play again, equally as good. Brendon claps at the end as Maya and Amelia high-five. Josh looks over to Brendon "Can you put that together and get it to Fuled By Ramen? They'll like that." Brendon nods once more "That was pretty awesome kids." He laughs and Sarah smiles, holding Bogart. The pair spend the rest of the weekend sitting in the studio and around the pool, talking "What's happening this tour?" Amelia asks, lying on her back with her head over the edge of the water, her hair in the pool. Maya shrugs "I don't know, Dad?" Brendon walks out of the studio "Yeah?" Maya streches out in her chair "What's happening on tour this time?" Brendon sighs, running a hand thorugh his hair "Fall Out Boy and Twenty One Pilots are coming, and it's an arena tour, which is awesome." Maya turns to Amelia "You should come to a show when we play here." She says lazily, her feet brushing the ground as she rolls over in the chair. Brendon nods "We can organise that if you want to." Amelia nods back "That'd be cool." 

"I hate sunday afternoons." Maya declares, throwing Josh's snapback at him. Sarah looks up from the TV "Why?" Amelia follows her, flopping onto the rug on the floor of the living room "Because there's nothing left to look forward to. We've got school tomorrow. How sucky is that?" She explains, Tyler nods "Fair enough." Maya rolls onto her back, groaning "Can't we just have another holiday." Amelia giggles next to her "Maya you've been at school for three weeks. Before that you were travelling around the world." Sarah nods "She has a point, and in two months you'll be roadtripping around the country. You're not exactly doing it rough May." Brendon grins, reaching down and tickling Maya, who squeals and reaches over, grabbing a pillow and whacking Brendon with it. 

"Honey, I'm home!" Pete calls, opening the front door. Maya yelps, abandonning her phone and racing downstairs to tackle Pete in a hug "Pete-za!" He laughs, hugging her with one arm, she lets go of him to step back, Pete fist-bumps Amelia, who narrows her eyes at him "Did you bring pizza?" Brendon takes a box from behind Pete's back "When does he show up without pizza?" Sarah reaches over Brendon's shoulder to take a slice before returning to the sofa. Maya and Amelia take their pieces before Pete follows Brendon through the the kitchen "I just came to drop this off," he places the box down "And to say that they've sorted the busses out, everything's been finalised, the publicity stuff starts in two days." Brendon nods, chewing "Are they releasing a video or what?" Pete shrugs "I reckon they'll put it out with the LA Devotee music video." Maya pauses, watching Josh throw bits of pizza at Tyler, who catches them in his mouth "You made a music video without me?" She fakes a pout and Brendon frowns sympathetically "You were at school kiddo, between that and figuring things out with your mother," Maya stops again "What about mom?" Brendon sighs "We forgot to say, Sarah's staying home for most of this tour." Sarah walks into the kitchen and hugs her daughter "Sorry I didn't tell you May, but I just don't feel like going. Pete and the boys'll send me videos of you playing though, I won't miss that. And I'll come to a few shows." Maya nods slowly, chewing her pizza. Amelia shoves her gently "Anyway, you forget that you're leaving me alone in chemistry for a whole four months!" Maya rolls her eyes, shoving her back "You survived three years of chemistry without me so far. I think you'll make it." They continue shoving each other until they notice Tyler and Josh mocking them over the counter, pretending to fight. Maya throws her glass of water at Tyler, who screams "Maya!"  He stops, grinning "Do you want a hug?" Her runs towards her, open arms. Maya screams as Tyler wraps her in a soggy hug "Tyler! What did I ever do to you?" Tyler laughs "Throw a glass of water at me?" Maya smiles sheepishly, untangling herself from Tyler's arms and running upstairs to get changed.

a/n: there's the surprise !  maya's going on tour with panic!/fall out boy/twenty one pilots woo (it's basically the death of a bachelor tour but +bands) also sorry this one's so short

hope you liked this chapter !

grace x