headfirst for after school ice-cream

"Fifteen minutes." Piper rocks on her chair, pencil hovering over her page. Maya tips her head back "I have no idea what to draw." Their instructions for art were to draw something important to them, it was a warm up exercise that turned into the whole class because the teacher was soft. Piper shrugs "Have any pets?" Maya nods "Two dogs." Piper shrugs again "Draw one." Maya leans over the paper, beginning to draw Penny as she looked this morning on Maya's bed. It only takes her ten minutes to finish, even if it's a bit rough. Piper leans over the desk "That's pretty good for ten minutes." she decides, pushing her own drawing of a palm tree across to her folder "Come on, if we say we're catching a bus or something he'll let us out five minutes early." The pair walk to the front of the classroom, making up and excuse to leave early and making their way to their lockers. Piper leans against the lockers, holding a battered skateboard in one hand as Maya pulls her bag out "You're pretty cool Maya." Maya laughs "I'm glad to hear I'm not completely boring." Piper shakes her head "Nah, only a bit." she jokes, Maya rolls her eyes at Piper "I'm glad you had a good first day though. See you tomorrow?" Maya nods "Bye Piper." Piper places the skateboard down, kicking it along the floor before jumping  on "Bye Maya."  

Maya sits at the front of the school, kids begin pouring out the doors and when someone yells "Is that Pete Wentz?" Maya knows her ride home has arrived. Pete stands outside the car, leaning against the door. Maya shakes her head, grinning "Hey Pete." She calls, Pete opens his arms, waiting for a hug. Maya laughs, hugging him "There's my favorite urie!" she turns, a few band kids staring at the famous bassist. Pete waves before ushering Maya into the backseat of the car. The three other members of Fall Out Boy are inside the car, Maya sits between Joe and Andy, Patrick driving with Pete in shotgun. Patrick talks while navigating LA traffic "How was your day? Gerard said you had double chemistry, yuck." Maya smiles softly at the though of the two people she texted throughout the day telling everyone who cared about her "Yeah, but I made some friends." Joe nods "That's always a start." Maya jumps suddenly, Andy flinches "Chill Maya." He laughs before Maya laughs back "Sorry, I just remembered. In music, my teacher asked  if Dad and possibly some of you guys would be cool with being guest speakers and running some music workshop stuff. I didn't get to text dad about it." Patrick nods "Sounds good to me. How about we get ice-cream and you can text him now." Maya nods, pulling her phone out.

maya: yo dad 

breadroll urie: what's up maya? are you with patrick and pete, they said they'd pick you up.

maya: yeah i'm with them and joe and andy. my music teacher asked me if you and possibly a few other people would be cool with coming in to do like a workshop guest speaker thing for a day. 

breadroll urie: i can do something like that in two weeks, if you get me her email or phone number i can sort it out. 

maya: cool. we're going out for ice-cream and then they'll drop me home

breadroll urie: sorry i couldn't be there to drop you off and pick you up kiddo. i've been really busy with the new shoot. i know we've only been back for a week, but things are pretty hectic at the moment.

maya: it's cool. remind me to change your contact name though.

"So, Maya The Psychic," Pete grins as the five sit around a table, eating ice-cream "more about school." Maya shrugs "I'm in a group with one of my friends for music, and I have chemistry and english with another friend. My art class is with one of my other friends. The only class I don't have any friends in is geography." Andy laughs "So we'll be expecting the best marks in geo." Pete nods "No distractions guarantee okay marks." Joe reaches across the table, flicking ice-cream at Andy's head. Patrick laughs, passing Andy a paper towel to wipe it off. Pete shakes his head, laughing at Andy "What're their names?" Maya rolls her eyes "Stalker much. Amelia has chemistry and english with me, piper and I are in the same art class. And Noah's in my music group." Joe raises his eyebrows "Noah?" Maya nods "Yeah, why?" Patrick reaches over, tickling Maya "Does Maya have a crush?" Maya squeals, laughing "No! I've known him for a day!" Andy rolls his eyes at her, grinning "Sure, sure, we're definitely telling Brendon." Maya narrows her eyes at him "You wouldn't." Pete leans back in his seat "Oh yes we would." Maya scowls at them "I don't even like him like that." Joe puts his arm around Maya "Aw, cheer up kid. We're joking." Maya breaks out into a smile again, the four men laugh at her once more.

"Mom?" Maya calls, Joe walks next to her as they enter the house. Penny and Bogart skitter down the hallway, jumping up to be patted by Maya "Hey fur-babies. Where's mom and dad?" she asks the dogs, Brendon walks in, Sarah following shortly after. Brendon picks Maya up quickly "Hey kiddo! How was your first day?" Maya laughs, throwing her arms around Brendon's neck "It was great." she breathes "I missed you guys." Sarah laughs softly "We missed you too May."

a/n: this one's a little short but the previous chapter was fairly lo(cal)ng + there were loads of updates at once. it's 1:38 am an my cat is being very cuddly life is good. 

hope you liked this one ! lots of fall out boy bonding time with small urie

grace x