out the back of the collision in your heart

"Mom, Dad! Megan said they'll be here in ten." Maya calls, running down the stairs as she pulls a jumper over her head. She skids to a stop as she enters the kitchen, Brendon brings various plates of food from the kitchen to the table, setting up quickly before people started arriving. Pete knocks on the door as he finishes, Maya and Sarah move to answer the door, Pete picks Maya up "Merry christmas, Maya The Psychic." Maya laughs, throwing her arms around his neck "Merry christmas Pete-za." she hugs Megan once she's been put down before saying hi to Knox and Saint. Sarah picks Saint up, helping Megan while Pete carries food and three presents in from their car.

Josh, Tyler and Jenna arrive shortly followed by Gerard, Lindsey and Bandit. Joe, Ruby and Marie walk in after Patrick, Elisa and Declan. Maya plays with the kids for a little, keeping them happy until Gerard announced it was present time. It was the day after christmas, as they all wanted family time the day before, but they were celebrating like it was the 25th. Maya sat in Sarah's lap as they passed boxes and packages around the group. Gerard looks over to Maya, throwing her a box "Merry christmas, space girl." Maya laughs, thanking Gerard and opening the box. Inside lay tens of guitar picks, from previous Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, and Panic! At The Disco tours. Maya smiles up at Gerard, thanking him once more. The group sit on the floor and sofa of the lounge room, eating. Maya ties Josh's hair into short braids before doing the same with Joe, who spends the time throwing small amounts of food across the room at Patrick and seeing how long it'll take to hit him in the face. Pete jumps in-between one of Joe's throws, catching the piece of carrot in his mouth and laughing. Andy rolls his eyes, throwing an empty box at Pete.

Maya leans back, now sitting in Josh's lap "Thank you." She says quietly to the group who all smile, Josh laughs softly as he undoes her braids for her "Maya, you don't have to thank us. We're family." He speaks for the entire group, Brendon holds her hand tightly from his seat next to Josh "Maya she was abusing you. You shouldn't have been there, and we love you kiddo." Brendon speaks gently and Maya nods slowly "I know, but just, thank you. For everything you've all done for me this year. I can't thank you enough." Sarah leans over, kissing her daughter's forehead "You don't have to thank us May." 

"May, how'd you feel about going back to school on the third?" Sarah asks from the doorway of the studio as Maya practises bass for the tour with Brendon a little more. Maya shrugs, frowning in concentration as she plays through girls/girls/boys "I don't mind. If it's convenient, sure. But won't I only be there for a few days, with the tour." Brendon nods from opposite her "Yeah, we thought you might want to say hi to Amelia and everybody before we go. This tour goes for almost five months kiddo." Maya nods "Okay, that's cool then." Brendon leans over to elbow her slightly "And you can brag about the assorted band members you're going to be hanging out with." Maya rolls her eyes now "The amount of times Pete's shown up to pick me up, I think people get the picture." Sarah laughs at her before returning to the house.

Maya makes Brendon carry her downstairs for breakfast the morning she returns to school, she has no real reasoning, but it's fun all the same. She climbs into the car alongside Sarah, wearing a leather jacket Sarah gave her, black skinny jeans, a black version of the shitty teen shirt from Lindsey, which was another christmas gift, with a loose-fitting beanie and some black combat boots. Sarah raised her eyebrows "Going for the early Pete Wentz look today?" she asks as they pull out of the driveway. Maya shrugs and Sarah nods approvingly "You're rocking it May, but you're missing something." She reaches into the glovebox and pulls out some liquid eyeliner, handing it to her daughter "Don't do a Gerard though, keep it simple and classy with wings." she instructs before Maya applies it. Sarah nods once more, and as they pull up at the school "Kick ass." she smiles and Maya frowns "Isn't that usually Brendon's line?" She laughs, Sarah shakes her head, smiling "Did he turn up and compliment you?" Maya giggles, waving as Sarah drives away. Maya shoves her earbuds in, turning her music up to full volume, if she was doing the badass return, she was doing it right. Fairly Local plays loudly in her ears as she walks into the school, a few people stopping to look at her as she makes her way into the office. She takes one earphone out to pick up her schedule and locker, even though they're still the same as they were four months ago. She walks to her locker, dumping some stuff and walking to class, double chemistry.

"So, what would you rather be doing right now?" Maya leans across the desk to ask Amelia, who hasn't noticed her yet. Amelia shrugs, keeping her head down. Maya sighs "Come on, no one's in a chemistry classroom this early voluntarily." Amelia drops her pen, slowly looking up before throwing her arms around her best friend "Maya, what the fuck man?" Maya laughs "I got home a few days before christmas, they went back to court, and I'm back." Amelia laughs, still hugging Maya "I thought I'd never see you again." Maya smiles "You know I can't let that happen." She rolls her eyes and Amelia smiles back. 

a/n: this one's a little short sorry + also i feel like there are too many time skips whoops

hope you liked it !

grace x