head.cars.bending

"Maya, wake up." Joe pulls the curtain back from her bunk, to which she groans, rolling over to face him "What?" Andy steps into her view "There's been an accident on the road, two semitrailers hit each other." Pete pulls a hoodie on, while Patrick passes her a bowl of cereal "Traffic's backed up a few miles. The show's been changed to tomorrow, so we've got a bus day while they try and get us through." She nods, following the four through to the lounge. Maya eats while they watch the morning news. Patrick's phone rings "Yeah, she's still with us." Brendon sighs and Patrick laughs "What? You thought we just kicked her off the bus?" Brendon rolls his eyes, taking the mug of coffee Zack passes him "I was just worried about her. You'd be the same if it was Declan." Brendon reasons "Except I don't think I'd panic about someone leaving him behind when we haven't stopped driving in almost twelve hours. But I get it man, she's all good." Patrick passes him phone to Maya "Hey dad." She yawns and Brendon smiles at hearing her voice "Hey kiddo, how's the fall out boy bus?" Maya shrugs "It's good. They aren't playing eighties music at full volume, so I'll give them that." Pete high-fives Joe, the four laughing. Brendon rolls his eyes "And here I was thinking you loved me." Maya laughs "Of course I do." Brendon laughs back "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow kiddo. Stay safe." She nods "See you then, bye dad."    

Pete throws the phone to Maya, himself, Maya and Joe decided to kill time playing a dodgy game of truth or dare. Maya turns to Joe "Truth or dare?" Joe thinks for a moment "We're on a bus, what's the worst dare we can actually do." Maya laughs, almost spitting out her soda "Make a mix of at least one spoon of every food and drink in the kitchen." Pete grimaces "Damn, you jinxed yourself man. Good luck." Patrick walks in as Joe finishes mixing the slop now in the small bowl. Pete films as Joe drinks the mix of food and drink, grimacing the entire time. He finishes, slamming the empty bowl onto the bench and holding his hands above his head in victory "Fuckers thought you got me!" He yells. Patrick shakes his head "I'm not even going to attempt to understand what I just saw." He laughs, walking past them.

"Okay, we've got it down to mean girls, shrek, high school musical and the one direction movie." Andy laughs at the various disgusted faces of the group before holding his hands up "Hey, these are the only ones that work without wifi, so if anyone's willing to sacrifice their data, now's the time." The group remain silent before Pete falls back into his seat "I vote shrek." He declares, Maya rolls her eyes "He's just in it for the memes. I say the one direction movie." She decides, looking to Patrick who shrugs "I'm with Maya. We can commentate." He smiles. Joe rolls his eyes "On what they do wrong." Andy frowns "What did liam ever do to you?" Joe rolls his eyes again "fine, one direction it is." Maya giggles, throwing her arms around Joe and laughing.

Maya lies across Pete, Joe and Andy's legs, her head in Patrick's lap as the five watch the movie. Pete throws a chip at the small screen "That bus is huge, why are they even complaining. We had to tour in a van for like four years." He complains, Maya laughs "But you guys didn't go on X Factor and get signed by simon cowell, did you." Patrick sighs "I knew we were doing it wrong this whole time." Andy laughs, Joe only rolls his eyes once more. The movie finishes and the group remain silent. Pete raises his eyebrows at Maya "So, since the last time we talked, got a crush?" Maya blushes almost instantly "It's the boy you told us was in your music class, isn't it." Joe calls. Maya nods slowly "His name's Noah." She says quietly. Patrick laughs, looking at the other "We won't tell Brendon until you do, okay?" Maya nods thankfully.  

The busses were barely moving, so when Maya's phone buzzed with a text she gained the same mischievous look that Brendon wore when he was about to try something stupid. Pete sat up "Maya, show me the text." He spoke slowly, Maya held her phone out, grinning

brendad 💫: open the door 

Pete shakes his head "No way."

maya: pete won't let me

brendad 💫: bribe him with pizza

"I'll buy you pizza and doritos next time we stop." She reasons with pleading eyes. Pete looks at Patrick, who shakes his head, before giving in "Fine. Let's do this." The pair stand, walking towards the front of the bus. Patrick sighs "If you end up on the road I'm not stopping the bus for you." Pete waves it off "It'll be fine." Their driver opens the door as they drive, going around fifteen miles an hour, panic's bus is almost perfectly parallel to them. Brendon's leaning against the open door of their bus, there's about three meters between the busses. Pete rolls his eyes "You'll never make it." Brendon looks across before Maya pulls her phone out, starting to film. Brendon shrugs, Dallon and Kenny appearing behind him "Man, I don't know." Dallon starts. Brendon shakes his head "I can make that, it's fine." He stands up straight, getting ready to jump. Patrick, Andy and Joe watch from the windows, Dan and Zack doing the same. Pete gets a text from josh

josh drum: what's up

pete: brendon's gonna jump busses

josh drum: where are you guys stopping? 

pete: he's literally jumping busses. we're going at like 15 mph and there's three meters between us

josh drum: gl if he dies we're not bringing the body on our bus

Pete laughs "Tyler and Josh won't take the body on their bus if you don't make it." Brendon shakes his head again "Move so I have somewhere to land man." He takes a run up, jumping off the bus and through the space between, getting one foot on the bus, the other on the outside panelling of the bus. Pete laughs, rushing forward to pull him in "Holy shit Brendon you're an idiot." He laughs, the three close the door and return to the lounge. Patrick claps "You've gained another level of stupidity, congratulations." Joe shakes his head, laughing. Pete grabs his phone again as Maya posts the video to twitter.

pete: brendon, 1 vs the inevitability of him accidentally causing his own death, 0

josh drum: well thank god for that

a/n: how unoriginal is that title it's literally just a song title wow thanks to the 1975 for the title + WISH ME LUCK IT'S MY FIRST DAY BACK AT SCHOOL GL TO ANYONE ELSE GOING BACK TODAY/GL IF YOU'RE AT SCHOOL READING THIS 

hope you guys liked it !

grace x