all the angels

"Sarah?" Brendon calls, walking through the backstage rooms looking for her. Maya stands in a corridor on her phone, Brendon laughs "I see you've got everything figured out around here." Maya looks up, smiling and nodding. Brendon shakes his head, grinning "Have you seen Sarah?" He asks, knowing she's probably helping sort things out on the bus. Maya shakes her head, Brendon nods "Do you wanna come out on stage for sound check?" He asks again. Maya looks back up "I don't know, won't I get in the way?" She says slowly. Brendon shakes his head again, this time hugging her tightly as he does so "Nah, it'll be fun. Come on, Dallon, Kenny and Dan'll be wondering where we are." Maya nods, Brendon holding her hand as they make their way through the maze of the venue they were playing tonight. Dallon passes his bass to Kenny, swinging Maya into the air "There's my favorite Urie." He laughs, placing her back on the ground. Brendon fakes an offended look "I thought I was your favorite Urie." He pouts. Maya giggles "Nope, I stole that place. Sorry Dad." She shrugs. Brendon pauses, looking at Maya, who's back to laughing with the rest of the band. 

She called him Dad. Sarah places her arms around his neck "Hey, what's wrong?" She asks worriedly. Brendon smiles faintly "She called me Dad, Sarah." Sarah's face clears, smile returning instantly "Aw, Bren, you're crying. She loves you, don't forget that." She wipes the tears off Brendon's face, hugging him. Brendon rests his head on her shoulder "She loves you too, you know." Brendon smiles at Sarah, who nods "And I love you." She kisses him softly, when they pull away Brendon kisses her cheek once more "I love you too." Brendon turns back to Maya, who's now realised what she said "I love you guys." She says quietly, hugging them both. Kenny calls out, swinging his guitar around "Yo, Brendon. We've gotta get this soundcheck over and done with. Sorry man." Brendon nods "Yeah, yeah patience is a virtue or whatever." He mutters, walking over to the mic. Sarah laughs, still hugging Maya.

Maya and Sarah stand just off stage, watching Brendon and the rest of the band. Sarah's phone buzzes, and she takes a few steps back to answer "Hey Pete." She speaks loudly, trying to talk over Brendon's singing. Pete laughs when he hears Brendon singing LA Devotee "How's the first show going?" Sarah glances back to the stage, then to Maya "Yeah, the crowd's loving it. The boys look like they're having fun too." Pete nods on the other side on the phone, picking Bronx up and placing him next to Saint in the car "Megan, me and the kids are going out to dinner now.  Tell Brendon I'll text him about the show later." Sarah laughs "Sure, you two are like seven year old best friends." Pete laughs again "Yeah, I guess. Say hi to Maya from me! Bye." He hangs up, kissing Megan's cheek as they pull out of their driveway. Sarah shakes her head, smiling "Pete says hi." she yells to Maya, who smiles back, nodding.

Brendon almost runs off stage, pulling Maya into a hug, lifting her off the floor "How was that kiddo?" Maya grins "Mom and I loved it." Sarah nods, Brendon raises his eyebrows and she smiles lightly "You did great Bren. Let's get you two back to the bus, it's getting late."

"How was the meet and greet?" Sarah asks after Maya's asleep. Brendon walks back to the sofa bench she's lying on, picking up his phone and sitting next to her head. He shrugs "Normal stuff, there's a few letters and other things a few people gave me, I'll open then when we're back on the road tomorrow." She nods, moving so her head rests in his lap.  He leans back against the wall "Pete said he'll come to the last show, he's talking about getting Spencer to come as well." Sarah looks up "To play? Or to watch?" Brendon shrugs "I don't know if he'll even come,  he's probably going somewhere with Linda." He sighs "But it was a good show to kick off the tour, Weezer were great. Something feels different about the show though."
She sits up, leaning her head on his shoulder "Like what? You and the boys played great."
He sighed and looked away, putting his phone down again "Yeah, I just feel like the whole vibe of the band's changed. It's weird, but good weird." She nods, standing and pushing him towards their bunk at the end of the bus "You need to sleep. We've got an early soundcheck tomorrow, and then we've got the rest of the day off. We should take Maya somewhere fun."
Brendon nods, kissing her cheek "I love you." Sarah laughs "I love you too, but I'll love you more when you're not grumpy at soundcheck." 

"Maya."

"Maya, wake up. We're almost here."

Maya rolls over, almost slapping Brendon in the face before he jumps back from her bunk. Sarah laughs at him as he stands up. Maya rolls her eyes "If we're almost here, then technically I could've slept for longer." Brendon shrugs "If you want to be wearing pyjamas for the rest of the day, then be my guest." Maya puts her hands in the air, standing "Okay, okay. Can you pass me a shirt and a pair of jeans at least." Brendon laughs "Fine." He throws the clothes through the sliding door, closing it as Maya gets dressed.

Dallon runs up behind Maya, throwing her onto his shoulders as the group of seven walk down the street. Maya laughs, Brendon smiles "Woah, dude be careful with small urie." Maya laughs again "Cool nickname." Brendon bows, Sarah hits him playfully "I take full credit." Kenny shakes his head "Who wants pizza?" Dan frowns at him "For breakfast? What the hell man." Kenny shrugs "Well it's that or ice-cream." Maya throws her arms in the air "Small urie votes for ice-cream!" Sarah laughs "No way are we having ice-cream at ten o'clock in the morning." Brendon slings his arm around Sarah's waist "Come on babe, for small urie." Sarah looks between the five men and her daughter before she sighs "Honestly, if I wasn't here you lot wouldn't be able to do anything sensible." Kenny, Dallon and Maya cheer as they continue walking.

"I hate mint flavor." Maya speaks through the chocolate ice-cream now covering half her face. Brendon laughs at her, almost choking on his own ice-cream "Oh my god, how the hell did you end up with that much on your face?" He coughs, still laughing. Sarah shakes her head at Dan, who's also laughing. Zack glances at his phone, realising how long they've been here "Okay kids, we have a soundcheck to be at. Hurry up." Sarah stands, passing Maya a paper towel to wipe the ice-cream off her face before they leave.

a/n: hi ! i'm actually back this time with a new chapter :) i'm also sick atm so that means i might write loads or i'll sleep for three days, i guess we'll see how that goes. hope you guys liked this chapter   

grace x