when it rains it pours

"I'm worried about Maya." Brendon falls onto the sofa next to Pete, who nods "Gerard said that she seemed fine when they stopped talking, but she just looks tired. Too tired." Brendon nods back "I don't know what to do man, if she's depressed or worse, she'd hate me if I sent her home." Pete nods again "I'm gonna go talk to her, maybe see if she wants to go to the stage and play for a bit." Brendon shrugs tiredly "I'm going to sleep." He lies down on the sofa as Pete stands, walking towards the Maya-shaped blanket, under a table, in the corner of the room. Pete knocks on the table "Can I come in?" He asks quietly, Maya lifts the blanket slowly, nodding. Pete drops to the floor, scooting in under the table next to the girl. He laughs a little "How long've you been down here?" Maya shrugs "After Zack left." Pete nods "How're you doing kid?" Maya shrugs again "Good. Tired." Pete thinks for a moment "Do you wanna go out onto the stage while it's still empty and play for a bit?" He shoots her a smile that's usually reserved for Bronx and Saint, and she can't say no to it. The pair crawl back out from under the table, walking towards the racks that their guitars hang from. Maya picks her custom fender up, Pete grabs his bass. He throws a box of guitar picks at her, and she takes two, shoving the second into her hoodie.

"What'd you wanna play." she asks, looking to the black-haired man. Pete shrugs "What about," he pauses, thinking "Mr. Brightside? Has Brendon taught you that yet." Maya smiles "That's one of the first ones he made me learn." Pete smiles back, glad to see her mood lifting. Maya plays with Pete, the two of them sitting on one of the rises and playing with their backs to where the audience will be in a few hours. Pete hums for a moment "Comin' out of my cage and I've been doing just fine, gotta, gotta be down because I want it all. It started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this, it was only a kiss, it was only a kiss." He looks to Maya, who hesitates before singing "Now I'm falling asleep, and she's calling a cab, while he's having a smoke, and she's taking a drag." She lets Pete take over before the chorus "Now they're going to bed and my stomach is sick. And it's all in my head, but she's touching his chest, now, he takes off her dress. Now, let me go." Maya takes a breath, singing the next lines "I just can't look, it's killing me, and taking control. Jealousy, turning saints into the sea, swimming through sick lullabyes, choking on your allibies. But it's just the price I pay, destiny is calling me, open up my eager eyes. Cause' I'm Mr Brightside." She turns to Pete, who's smiling at her. Maya attempts to smile back, but her face falls when she notices Brendon moving away from the stage, head in his hands. Maya's face is soon flooded with tears, Pete drops his bass, pulling the guitar over the small girl's head before pulling her into a hug "Hey, you're okay. It's alright." He speaks softly, holding her close. Maya looks up "I'm a terrible daughter. I made him cry, I can't do anything right. They were happier without me, I cause more problems than I'm worth." Pete shakes his head "Maya, you didn't get to see them before you came into the picture, anyone could tell they were unhappy. You're the best thing to happen to Brendon and Sarah in a long time. They needed someone like you to make their family, it couldn't have been anyone else. Maya you're perfect, you haven't done anything wrong, they'll always love you, no matter what." 

Dallon walks towards the other man, sitting on a crate outside the stage. He puts his hand on Brendon's back "What happened man?" Brendon sighs, sitting up "I can't look after my own daughter. I'm not cut out to be a father, I screwed up. I failed her." Dallon shakes his head "Brendon you're balancing an arena tour and being her dad. You haven't failed anyone, you're both worried about each other and it's been a long tour. We're almost at the end, you're not a bad father. You're the best dad she could have." Brendon sighs again, shaking his head "I'm so worried about her." Dallon nods "Me too, man. She's tired and it's kicking off some bad stuff." Brendon nods "We need to keep a closer eye on her. I stopped paying attention because I thought she was fine and that she'd settled in but I was wrong and I shouldn't have assumed anything." Dallon nods slowly "We'll figure this out. Trust me." 

Pete holds Maya until she falls asleep, he stands, picking her up and carrying her back through to panic's dressing room. Brendon stands when he walks in, taking his daughter from Pete's arms Brendon thanks the bass player, laying Maya down on the sofa, her head resting on Brendon's legs. She stirs in her sleep before settling again, reaching for Brendon's hand and holding it tightly. Brendon smiles wearily, leaning his head back against the back of the chair.

Almost an hour later, with an hour to go until the show, Maya opens her eyes, looking up at Brendon, who smiles "Hey." He talks, somewhat sadly. Maya wraps her arms around him "I love you dad. And I'm sorry. It's not your fault. Everything just caught up with me all of a sudden." She sighs, resting her head on his shoulder. Brendon nods "It's okay kiddo, it's not your fault either. I love you too." He hugs her back, before Zack knocks on the wall, walking in "We're getting instruments out now, d'you wanna come pick up your guitar or do you want me to get it for you Maya?" Maya shakes her head, standing and pulling her dad up behind her "I'll grab it." She nods, thanking Zack before dragging Brendon, who grabs Zack's arm, and pulling the two out the door. 

a/n: sorry if this is a little shitty i feel like it's all really rushed ? also whattttt 800 reads this is crazy guys ! + austraila, why did we need to hit frank and the patience with a bus please what did they do to us (i nearly went to that show wow) sorry this is so late/early/on time because timezones are weird

hope you guys liked this !

grace x