"assorted band members"

"Send loads of photos, okay?" Piper tells Maya as the group stand on the corner of Maya's street. Maya nods "Don't worry, I will." Amelia rolls her eyes "As long as you don't get together with Noah while she's gone." Piper rolls her eyes back "Honey, I love Noah, but no."  Noah rolls his eyes at the group and Sam giggles "Nothing personal Noah." Maya laughs "In all seriousness though, I've gotta go. I'll skype you guys from cool venues and stuff." She smiles after hugging everyone again.

Sarah opens the door, it's barely three in the morning, and Maya moves to face the light. Penny bounds in, shortly followed by Bogart who both jump onto her bed excitedly. Sarah laughs quietly before picking Maya's duffle bag up "Bren's almost ready, he's just getting your guitars out and then you guy's are getting picked up by Zack to head to the airport." Sarah sits on the edge of Maya's bed. Maya runs a hand through her hair "Where are we going first?" Sarah smiles, handing Maya a hairbrush "You've got five Australia shows and then back here for the rest of the tour." Maya nods sleepily, rolling out of bed and pulling some sweatpants and a baggy hoodie on. She brushes her hair before turning to her mom "Traveling braids?" She smiles tiredly and Sarah rolls her eyes, nodding before braiding Maya's hair. She hugs Sarah as the pair step out of the house into the freezing early morning air. Brendon kisses Sarah before Zack pulls into the driveway "Have fun." Sarah laughs softly, waving as they get in the car. She turns as the car drives away, picking Bogart up and returning to bed.

Maya's significantly less awake than Brendon, who piggy-backs her through most of the airport as they make their way through the carpark with Zack. When they reach the check in Brendon places her on the ground "Maya, kiddo we've got a hour and a half wait, you've gotta wake up or you won't sleep on the plane." Maya nods tiredly, following Brendon through to customs. Zack takes her bag for her as they sit at the gate waiting to board. 

Brendon shakes Maya awake as the plane lands, Maya opens her eyes, glaring at her dad. Brendon only laughs "It's around ten in the morning, you shouldn't be too jet-lagged kiddo." Maya nods, following Brendon off the plane. The pair sit on the empty stage in Brisbane, Australia. Maya's legs hang off the edge, Brendon lies on his back. Brendon looks out to the empty venue, soon to be filled with thousands of people "You know, sometimes I wonder what would be different if Sarah and I adopted the other girl your age. I forget her name, but it was always going to be one of you two." Maya thinks for a moment, nodding slowly "Zoe. Her name was Zoe." She pauses again "I always felt bad when a new foster family chose me, because I felt like I was taking a place someone else would've been happier to have." Brendon sits up, putting her arm around her in a hug "You're not taking someone else's place in our family kiddo, it's your place." He smiles softly, Maya nods again, leaning into the hug "I love you dad."

"I love you too Maya."

"We're doing a special cover tonight, and the vocals will be coming from the one and only, the legendary, Maya Urie!" Brendon yells, Maya blushes as the crowd chants her name, she passes her fender to a crew member, walking back onto the stage grinning "How're you guys going so far?" She calls, the audience screams back and Maya smiles, nodding "Sounds good, so this cover's going to be of Ribs, by Lorde, who I've never met but I'm told is a lovely person. Hope you guys like it!" She glances at Dallon, who gives her a thumbs up as they start playing. Brendon beams at her, his proud-dad side showing as Maya begins to sing "The drink you spilt all over me, lover's spit left on repeat. My mom and dad let me stay home, it drives you crazy, getting old." Kenny nods at her, smiling "You're doing great small urie." He yells into the deadmic, the rest of the band nods and Maya shakes her head, grinning as they continue through the song. She walks across the stage, standing next to Brendon and singing for a while, hugging him before walking towards the platform in the crowd. She nods at security, who help her onto the stand in the mass of people "This dream isn't feeling sweet, we're reeling through the midnight streets. And I've never felt more alone, it feels so scary, getting old." The crowd begin waving their phones in the air, the torches on. Maya holds her hand up, waving with them "I want 'em back, I want 'em back. The minds we had, the minds we had. How all the thoughts, how all the thoughts. Moved 'round our heads, moved 'round our heads." She builds toward the finish, looking back to Brendon and the band on stage, all grinning at her proudly as she finishes "You're the only friend I need. Sharing beds like little kids, laughing 'til our ribs get tough, but that will never be enough." Brendon claps from the main stage "That was Maya fucking Urie everyone." Maya laughs into her mic, running her hand through her somewhat sweaty hair "Language." She breathes into the mic, Kenny laughs and the crowd screams even more.

a/n: it's short again but i felt bad about forgetting to tell you guys that updates won't be as frequent because i have rowing + i'm going back to school also falloutavicus i'm working on your angst/fights fam, boy troubles will resume when the tour's over x

hope you liked this one !

grace x