most things in-between

They'd been on tour for weeks now, Maya jumping onto the stage and running around with Brendon a few times during ready to go and victorious, and soon enough it came time for the last show. Brendon sat anxiously on the stage, looking out at the empty venue. It still amazed him how in a few hours this place would be full of people, and in the lest egotistical way possible, people who wanted to see him perform live. He had made a career out of something that he loved. 

Sarah sits next to him, he looks over to her quickly "Have you heard back from Pete yet? My phone's dead. He said he'd get here around sound check, and that's in twenty minutes and he still hasn't turned up." Sarah smiles softly "Chill Bren, he'll get here. But no, I haven't heard from him. Good news though," Brendon looks slightly more hopeful at this "Spencer's coming, he'll bring your guitar on stage for gospel, but he's sticking around for the entire show." Brendon smiles, fixing his snapback "That's great. Thank you so much." He kisses her quickly, Sarah laughs "You know it's fine." 

Pete bounds into the room, picking Maya up "Hey! It's my favorite small urie!" He yells, Maya giggles "Put me down, Pete!"  He shakes his head "I don't think so." He throws Maya over his shoulder, holding her upside down and running around the room while Kenny, Dallon and Dan through chips at her. Maya screams "Dallon! I thought I could trust you!" Pete laughs, finally putting her down before she starts pulling food out of her hair. Brendon opens the door frowning "I heard screaming?" Pete laughs again, guiltily, while Maya points to him "It was him." Kenny, Dallon and Dan copy, all pointing at the blonde man. Brendon shakes his head, laughing "You're outnumbered man." Pete fakes a hurt expression "How quickly you guys betray me, even when I brought pizza." Maya's hand drops "Pizza?" Patrick walks in, followed by Joe and Andy "We have pizza!" Pete looks over to them "Well, when I say I brought pizza." Joe rolls his eyes "He means we brought pizza." Kenny takes a box, putting it on the table and opening it "It's still pizza." Maya takes a slice, holding it in her mouth before picking up a second slice and throwing it at Pete's head "That's called karma." She shrugs as Pete peels the food off his face, which is now covered in pizza toppings. Andy almost falls to the floor laughing as Patrick throws a towel to Pete. Maya high-fives Brendon, both of them laughing before Sarah walks in to find two members of Fall Out Boy, three members of Panic! At The Disco, and her daughter rolling around on the floor. Kenny stands between Joe and Maya, who lie on the floor laughing at Pete. Sarah begins laughing at Pete before he sighs "Come on Sarah, it's not that funny." He pleads, Megan following Sarah though the door "It really it." She laughs. Pete rolls his eyes "Not even Megan will back me up, I know when I've lost." He holds his hands up in surrender before Maya jumps onto his back, still laughing "Your punishment is having to carry me around for the rest of the night." Pete raises his eyebrows "Even for the show?" Maya thinks for a moment, Brendon grins, knowing what she'll say "Definitely for the show."

The crowd loses it when Pete runs onto the stage, Maya on his shoulders, during ready to go. Maya climbs back down to the floor when Sarah waves her over backstage as the band starts i write sins not tragedies. They're far enough away from the stage that they don't have to shout, and Sarah's standing next to a man who looks somewhat familiar "May, this is Spencer." Sarah introduces her to Spencer, who smiles "Hi, I've been told a lot about the new urie." Maya laughs "All good things?" Spencer shrugs "Depends who's asking." Sarah shakes her head, smiling "Yes good things, honestly Spencer Smith. Anyway, this is Linda, Spence's wife." I wave, Linda waves back "Hi Maya." Sarah's handed one of Brendon's guitars, she passes it to Spencer who smiles softly at the guitar before the four look over to the stage. They've finished sins and Brendon's looking off stage nervously. Maya goes back to find Pete, waving goodbye to Linda and hugging Sarah. Pete throws her back onto his shoulders, Spencer walking past them. The crowd screams even louder than before when Spencer appears. Brendon smiles widely, hugging him before he's passed the guitar. They talk out of the mic for a moment, both smiling, hugging again before Spencer returns to stand next to Maya and Pete.

"Are you feeling fuckin' victorious?" Brendon yells, to which the crowd screams back as they begin the final song. Pete looks up at Maya, who's been entertaining herself by messing up his hair as much as possible "You ready for the last run of the tour, kid?" Maya nods "You have the flag?" Pete nods back, the two of them smiling like idiots as Pete runs on stage, Maya waving the black Panic! At The Disco flag above their heads. Brendon grins up at his daughter "Thanks to Pete for being an idiot who doesn't reply to calls for most of the tour," Brendon jokes "And thanks to my fabulous daughter, maya, for always convincing Sarah to let us have ice-cream for breakfast." He yells as they play the last notes of the song. The crowd cheers even louder, if that was possible "We're Panic! At The Disco, and we've had a great time here guys, see you all soon!" The lights go out and Brendon, Kenny, Dallon and Dan follow Pete and Maya back off stage, high-fiving each other happily. 

a/n: so i've made a change and lowered Maya's age (she's just turned 13 if you don't want to go back to the chapter she's introduced in) because i want her to be younger so she's (if this makes sense) raised more by brendon and sarah and she grows up with more of the band and stuff. hope that's okay with you guys ! also hope you like this second chapter today to make up for not updating for a week :)

grace x