2 - Cry

Trigger Warning: Self Harm references.

My mom was chopping the carrots for dinner tonight when I walked into the kitchen, wearing my favourite baggy black hoodie. She pulled one sleeve up with one of her arms, whilst still chopping the carrots with the other.
"Cry if you keep doing this I am not having you under my roof!" My mom screams, indicating my scarred arms.
"I... I just can't stop it Mom."
"Then get the fuck out!" My mom clamps her hold on my arm, and goes to punch me in the face with the other but forgets about the knife, and slashes me in the face.
She gasps, steps back and tells me to fuck off.
I scramble to my room, clutching my gushing face with one hand and packing my bags with the other.
I need something to put on my face.
I can't leave the house like this.
My mum walks in with one of her porcelain masks.
She runs a pottery shop, and she makes everything she sells. It's obvious she made this.
The mask is a complete white circle with two eyeholes. I slam it onto my face and leave the house, running.

I wake up in a cold sweat and groan. I'm sick of this dream, this horrible memory that keeps reappearing.
It makes me relive the pain.
I haven't taken the mask off since I put it on that time. It's become a comfort to have it on 24/7. Plus, I don't want to see what the cut looks like after a full two years. It doesn't hurt anymore. I haven't heard from my mom, and she hasn't heard from me. I intend to keep it that way.

I don't go by my real name anymore. I go by a nickname; Cry. It used to be a teasing nickname in middle school, but now it's my actual name because I changed it.

I know I'll never find love. With a face like mine (or in my case, a mask like mine) who would want to?

I sit up, and sweep my brown hair back. My phone buzzed and I checked it. Twitter notifications. All from fans. I can't believe my YouTube channel has gone so far when I don't reveal my face. Some people say it's my voice. I wouldn't have a clue.

The hot Florida warmth was making it's way into the house and I knew better than stay under the covers and be cooked alive by the sheer heat. I chucked on a pair of shorts and a singlet.

"Fuck this heat.. I really should go somewhere colder for a little bit," I mutter to myself. But where? What cold places are there? Canada, Norway, Sweden... Antarctica? None of those really appeal to me... I'd probably go to Sweden. Their accents are funny.

I don't want this thought to go down the drain. If I don't book a plane ticket now, I never will. What place though? Stockholm is the capital; but that means there'll be too many people. Though I don't want to go to a place with no people at all. Fuck it.

One plane ticket to Gothenburg, Sweden for Cry Monki.

A/N:

Where I used the bold for Cry is where is actual name would of been used. Not using his last name either.